Corsair Community

Audio Crackling - Vengeance 1500

Tacohiman

I have a very interesting problem with my audio crackling, on my Vengeance 1500. The problem started yesterday, sometime after either a Nvidia driver update (however, I think this is unrelated, as I had it running for a time after, and the problem did not start immediately after). The audio, as I noticed, crackles when either loud, or bass-y sounds are played. I have tried a plethora of different things, and I have found: That the audio crackles on my computer, but not on another that I tried. On the other, it works perfectly. I have tried booting into Ubuntu (10.04) to see if the problem was windows-specific, and it didn't work in Ubuntu either, with virtually the same results. I have tried to switch the ports(USB 2.0 as well as some 3.0) that I plugged it into, but with the same results. What was interesting about switching ports, is that some ports did not work with the headset at all, and some were worse that others. The odd thing is, is that my motherboard is not an old one, and is ~1.5-2 years old, and, I have never experienced problems with my USB ports. I have also tried to use another USB headset(some cheap logitech one) and that did not have any problems, and worked right. I have attempted to restart, and reinstall the drivers, all to no avail. Also, when I reinstalled the drivers once, it would not recognize the headset, and a system restore remedied the problem, but not the major problem.

This problem has stumped me, and I am not sure what the issue could be.

Archived