Corsair Community

hot power cord: hx620w

d0pe_Effektz

i purchased the hx620w a couple months ago, and i just received my x1950xtx to complete my build..started putting together the system..24and8 pin are connected..and so are my HD..pci-e, dvd-rw..checked everything and seems right..flipped the power switch to on. the motherboard light is lit. i pushed the power button..no beeps..but no video..few seconds later, i looked at the psu, the fan was spinning, so i thought it was fine. i then saw smoke coming from the power cord(could take pics of the cords if requested) so i quickly powered off the psu. Faulty PSU? what could be the problem? since the fan on the psu was spinning, i decided to try the hx620 on my old system. i plugged everything..double check to see if i missed anything, everything is correct. so i powered up the system..again..no beep..no video. psu's fan is spinning..power cord is burning. What is causing this problem? any help would be appreciative. thanks

• Corsair Employee
Sorry for the delay, I missed the post! Let's get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! And please note that you are from the forum!

Archived