Corsair Community

Cable Problem

Pat123

I recently bought my HX520 PSU and it worked just fine for the first 2 turn ons then the third time upon start up one of the fan only connectors set alight burning up the fan cable and wrecking one of my 120mm fans and now one of my 'Fan Only' connectors is rendered useless where as the other works just fine. Other than tht this is one kick ***** psu.

Also when the psu has been switched off, when i power up the computer the psu powers up, then switches off, then powers up again? dno if anyone else's does this?!?!.. o well.

Post back please.:D

1Gb (2X512Mb) Corsair TwinX XMS2

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.15Ghz (AKASA AK-961)

512MB XFX 7950GT XT, GPU 570Mhz , Mem 1460Mhz

Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3 iP965, S775

520W Corsair HX Series Modular PSU

80Gig WD Raptor HDD 10,000 Rpm

those are my specs. Yeh the fan power cable just went up in smoke.. there dosent look to be damage but it just dosent work..:S:S:S

anyway thanks for replying.

• Corsair Employee
I recently bought my HX520 PSU and it worked just fine for the first 2 turn ons then the third time upon start up one of the fan only connectors set alight burning up the fan cable and wrecking one of my 120mm fans and now one of my 'Fan Only' connectors is rendered useless where as the other works just fine. Other than tht this is one kick ***** psu.

Also when the psu has been switched off, when i power up the computer the psu powers up, then switches off, then powers up again? dno if anyone else's does this?!?!.. o well.

Post back please.:D

My Gigabyte DS3 that I use in the lab does this with every power supply I've used. It's possible that is just the way the motherboard's power cycle works.

Archived