Corsair Community

Corsair TWIN3X2048-1800C7DFIN and EVGA 790i Ulta Incompatibility?!

DefJux

Memory inompatibility???!

This is the story.....Take COD4... it runs fluidly for a cupple of seconds, than a small lag or several small lags.. then the game runs smooth agian... Can`t be described as a typically FPS drop...

This also aplies to Team fortress 2.

I can run the corsairs at 1800 mhz 7-7-7-20 unlinked. The "FPS drop" is still there. Can`t run them at anything higher than 1333mzh 9-9-9-24 (default) linked.

Always running at 2.0 volt.

I know these sticks don`t support Nvidias EPP 2.0

The lag emount dubbles when I only use 1 memory stick (1 gig), with some extra activety on from the HD. Must be the swap file?! (tried all mem slots).

I remember this issue from a other board I had, and it turned out to be a memory error... This error is also present when everything is set to default in bios.

Prime (both mem and cpu test) and Memtest runs without errors (10 hour test).

Harddisk without errors

Bios P03

Forceware 169.125, tried them all with no luck

Everything reinstalled x2

Please help....

EVGA 790i Ultra

QX9650

Corsair TWIN3X2048-1800C7DFIN

8800gts 512

Mist 1000W

Samsung spinpoint T166 500gig

Vista 64 bit

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You test prime and memtest stable. You test different timings and throughput and the FPS drop still remains. You have isolated the software and hard drive. Your power supply and Video card. Test with a different PSU and test with a different video card.

You have tested with 1800 mhz 7-7-7-20 @ 2.0v with 1.45v on the MCH?

DefJux,

I feel your pain. I have the EVGA 780i board, but I had a very similar problem. The one difference that saw with my PC8500 Dimms and the EVGA defaults was the FSB speeds. I noted that you & I have the same processor. I was able to get my system to memory advertised specs by bumping the FSB up and linking it. See the attachments. Sorry for the blurry photos. I need a better camera. I set the Memory Voltage to the manufactured spec and I raised the FSB from 1333MHz default to 1600MHz. This raised the CPU to 3.6 GHz automatically. ((See the attachments)). I set timings to 5-5-5-15 2T. This worked to stabilize my system and got things working very well. Originally I did RMA my board and my memory thinking I had a bad part, but the same results occurred. EVGA has updated my Bios once again last week to P04 which has cured this initial problem, but in my opinion they are putting these new boards out there before fully tested under many different senarios. I am not sure if overclocking was an issue for you, but to get this memory to work and play nice with your board....I would sure give it a try.

MVC-138F.JPG.b453526cdab991083ef5c246c87beced.JPG

MVC-137F.JPG.a919cf6ec956b413c8f48994f98b8a74.JPG

MVC-136F.JPG.f7a477ab7e7c753c3e8454ddc375c812.JPG

i had no issues with these sticks and stability on 790i

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=179484

try to use auto voltages and only set vcore and vdimm to what you need

i suggesting running 8-7-6-20 1T timings at 2Ghz :)

seems to be a sweet spot and you don't need any more than 1.9-1.95v (real)

could be driver related

try testing on a 32-bit OS (XP) just to check if hardware or software related)

hmm...

system stable at 450 fsb 1:2 ratio in prime and memtest...

8-7-6-20 1T timings may have fixed it...

but the "lag" persists... I`ll try some kingston hyper x tomorrow, to see if that solves my problem...

And run some more tests on the 8800gts 512...

Installing xp if that doesn`t work :sigh!:

thank you guys for all the help..!

or should I just stick to my asus eee and keep playing the incredible machine...?! hehe...

ok...

so it might be a good idea to reset CMOS and reinstall EVGA`s bios version P03... I have no problems with running a 450fsb...

Motherboard drivers should be ok, have reinstalled them x2 but I`ll try again

Good thing corsair`s support can solve my EVGA issues:p:

Thank you for the support!

hmm...

tried reflashing the bios... reset cmos, flash with bios (.iso), unplug, remove battery for a cupple of min, restart load default...

it didn`t work:sigh!:

Then installed old MB drivers and gpu drivers... no luck (safe mode & driver cleaner)

soooooo... only thing I havent tried is the original bios, witch EVGA doesen`t have for download....

guess I`ll just have to wait for a bios update...

Try setting the FSB to 400 and the DRAM to 1600Mhz. There are many issues people are having with setting those Yorkie Quads to > 400Mhz. Just because the system "seems" stable and even tests (Prime) stable does not mean overclocking issues/characteristics do not remain.

Test to see if this is the case.

I have tried a 400 fsb... 1600 mhz on ram...

The system is stable, but the mysterious "lag" is still there... wish I could show you guys how it looks...

It`s there at default settings and probaly at a 10 000 fsb.. hehe...

The thing is that I can`t recall it beeing there before i updated the to EVGA`s bios P03...(suposed to increase stability for 1800+ modules) :)

But you know how things are when you set up a new system.. installing drivers etc as fast as &%#¤! hehe... so again... I`m not sure what the problem is...

But I see your point... I`ll give it one more try..

ok

WDM?? :o:

I`m running vista 64 bit.. so 169.44 for vista then...?!

VISTA 64 bit and you like gaming? Why not just take a frying pan and hit yourself in the head man.

:eek:

10 Reasons NOT to buy VISTA for Gaming and VISTA 64 Bit for Gaming is even worse...

1. VISTA Sucks
  2. VISTA Sucks
  3. VISTA Sucks
  4. VISTA Sucks
  5. VISTA Sucks
  6. VISTA Sucks
  7. VISTA Sucks
  8. VISTA Sucks
  9. VISTA Sucks
  10. VISTA Sucks

Cereal man . . .:D:

Putting your system together for gaming and then installing VISTA 64 is like buying a kick *** stereo system and then some Sharp 10 watt speakers.

VISTA 64 bit and you like gaming? Why not just take a frying pan and hit yourself in the head man.

:eek:

10 Reasons NOT to buy VISTA

1. VISTA Sucks
  2. VISTA Sucks
  3. VISTA Sucks
  4. VISTA Sucks
  5. VISTA Sucks
  6. VISTA Sucks
  7. VISTA Sucks
  8. VISTA Sucks
  9. VISTA Sucks
  10. VISTA Sucks

Cereal man . . .:D:

haha... just help me please...

I like the sidebar... can see the weather and everything :laughing:

Nope... no improvements

Well.. ram guy?! Just wait for the bios update?!

My friend is coming over tomorrow with a 8800 gts 320mb card and some ddr3 memory from the company we do not speak... :sigh!:

Maybe that will give me a better idea on whats wrong..

Thanks for all the help!

Archived