Corsair Community

M65 RGB Elite, Left click issues

I don't know if this is a fluke or not but i was having very similar issues to this with my mouse and i moved it from a USB 3.1 to a USB 2.0 port and the issue seems to have cleared up. i am hoping someone else can confirm if this works for them also

I am gutted as I trusted Corsair as a brand and purchased the K70 MK2 keyboard and the

M65 RGB Elite mouse.

My mouse is less than a month old and I have hit this issue :( I really wish I had seen this before I made my purchase.

Reading this I guess there is no fix from Corsair ? tomorrow my Corsair Hydro 100i RGB Platinum water cooling arrives.

I am now worried about even putting that in my newly built pc, I have spent a lot of money on this pc and hundreds of pounds has gone to Corsair as I trusted the brand and

Now I feel deflated.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do next ? thanks in advance.

Edited by Bulldoguk125

I am genuinely set to believe the clickers are poorly made. I have two m65 mice. My pro mouse was having a similar issue on the right click (would also randomly cut in and out of registering clicks when holding down) and I figured it was because I had the mouse for a couple years and it finally gave out. I switched it out for an Elite and same issue as described came about almost immediately on the left click.

• 2 weeks later...
So, tried different firmware, different software, no software etc... Issue is hardware.

This is the 3rd M65 elite I've had in a year that has failed this way. No I don't have time to be without a mouse as you process an RMA. Just build a product that actually works.

I use a very light touch with my mouse, so it isn't from pressing the button too hard. This makes this specific issue doubly annoying as I have to teach myself to press harder than necessary to get an audible click.

Something tells me the interface of the mouse button that contacts the switch isn't wide enough to depress the whole bar of the omron switch. If I press the right side of the omron switch, I get a click without registering a button press. If I press the left side, it works correctly. It's an engineering fault with the interface of the mouse button, it needs to have a wider contact surface on the switch, which will help it last longer as the switch wears. I'm sure with some super glue and plastic shavings I could correct the issue but this is ridiculous. The contact surface on the underside of the mouse button that actually depresses the bar on the omron switch is about 2-3mm wide. If they'd make that contact surface at least as wide as the entire bar on the omron switch, this issue would go away.

I have this same issue. I tried iCUE downgrading, upgrading, soft reset, USB port change. Nothing worked. Mouse is 2 months old and it began to have this issue since 3 weeks now.

As someone reported, I tried to blow it and it seemd to have worked, but only for few minutes, then it started missclicking.

As this user reported, I tried to make a test. I made 200 click using the right side, 15% missclicks, 200 on the left edge, 0% missclicks. Then i went back to the right side and it had 0% missclicks again. The issue came back some minutes later, though.

I really don't understand what's going on here... I can only guess it may be a design issue, maybe worsened by wear and dust presence under the left button?

I hope they find a fix soon. I like corsair items, and I like the shape and texture of this mouse, I would prefer to keep using it, but right now it's impossible to play and harder to worth with this.

EDIT:

I performed some new tests today (one day after) and it seems that, on top of 100 clicks, and, beside the fact thet yesterday night it worked perfectly and today it started not working again, it seems like:

1. by clicking on the right side the missclicks are more frequent (10%)

2. by clicking on the left side the missclicks are less frequent (4%)

3. by clicking hard (too hard for continous use) it doesn't missclick

4. by doubleclicking, the missclicks are more frequent (15%), maybe because i use lighter pressure for it. And this is a thing i percevied many times during daily use too (and it is very annoying)

5. it seems like during normal use the missclicks are much more frequent, compared to test sesisons where you click it 100 times in a row and there are far less missclicks. It looks like every time I use the left click after a while, like 30 seconds, it often doesn't register it

EDIT 2:

After the corsair support suggested it, I rolled back the firmware version to the one suggested by the support, but the problem still persists.

I tried clicking test again and it still missclicks. I noticed that when i click lightly on the right edge, it missclicks 45% of the times now. Idk if the new firmware made it even worse or just the problem is the left button is wearing off already.

Edited by Danny2112

As of this morning, I am now also having this issue - my mouse is 16 days old.

I hadn't updated my iCUE or mouse firmware yesterday, so it's incredibly strange that a simple restart of the PC can cause this to happen.

Rather frustratingly, the registration process to come and throw my 2 pence in required a lot of clicking which is now a struggle!

I will attempt to update the firmware on the mouse and check iCUE for updates, and change the ports over but going by previous responses I might be out of luck on that front.

For reference, I am currently on the following versions;

iCUE: 3.27.68

K70 RGB Mk2: 3.24

M65 RGB Elite: 3.24 (is this tied to the keyboard somehow?)

Virtuoso SE: 0.17.149 & dongle 0.16.80

H100i Pro: 1.04

-------------------------------

The issue is persisting after updates

iCUE has now updated to 3.28.70, all my devices are already on the latest version apparently.

I tried forcing a firmware update on the mouse, but this also has had no impact.

Edited by Tefty

Hello,

I bought an M65 Elite at Amazon Warehouse and received it today. As soon as I used it for 2-3 minutes I noticed that the left button did not respond every time I pressed it and I found this forum. I love the mouse and it seems perfect in ergonomics, design, rgb ... but the failure of the button from the beginning destroyed me. I read the entire forum and I went to google and found this that worked for me the first time !!!!! I leave the link and as soon as I can I put photos of mine. I hope it works for you because it has worked for me !!! Instead of using "oil", use contact cleaner (https://www.amazon.es/LUBRILIMP0-Spray-Limpia-Contactos-Residuo/dp/B0095MJ6RC) I leave you the video !!!!:

[ame]

[/ame]

P.D. Edit:

If you want to count the clicks you make with the mouse, use this website, press at the same time as you count out loud and then check that the times you press the button are the times indicated by the website, it has served me perfectly: D :

https://www.openprocessing.org/sketch/186320/

Edited by YuRkLi
add information

Hello,

I bought an M65 Elite at Amazon Warehouse and received it today. As soon as I used it for 2-3 minutes I noticed that the left button did not respond every time I pressed it and I found this forum. I love the mouse and it seems perfect in ergonomics, design, rgb ... but the failure of the button from the beginning destroyed me. I read the entire forum and I went to google and found this that worked for me the first time !!!!! I leave the link and as soon as I can I put photos of mine. I hope it works for you because it has worked for me !!! Instead of using "oil", use contact cleaner (https://www.amazon.es/LUBRILIMP0-Spray-Limpia-Contactos-Residuo/dp/B0095MJ6RC) I leave you the video !!!!:

P.D. Edit:

If you want to count the clicks you make with the mouse, use this website, press at the same time as you count out loud and then check that the times you press the button are the times indicated by the website, it has served me perfectly: D :

https://www.openprocessing.org/sketch/186320/

Nothing, it has lasted about 5 minutes, then it continues to do the same, the clicks are made when you feel like ...

I bought my K65 RGB Elite in January this year and the left click was a bit suspect from the word go. I've persevered because, to be honest, I just thought it was a driver issue (I've installed, uninstalled, rebooted until I'm blue in the face.

I've now gone back to the mouse this was supposed to replace (my venerable M60 Vengeance) and it's still going strong. In addition, it's also a more comfortable mouse for me as it's physically bigger than the M65.

Does anyone know if this left-click issue is isolated to the M65 RGB Elite or if any of the other Corsair mice have the same issue?

I received my second RMA'd mouse back in January, I think. I'm on my third one since June 2019.

Here I am, three months later, same problem.

Sad to say the switches in these are just not up to snuff. The thing feels great, but I get an exceedingly longer lifespan(years) out of a cheap mouse in comparison. Three to four months is as long as each of these has lasted.

I'm hoping they will have a revised model this time, with better switches as I don't really want to keep having to RMA it.

Does anyone know if the Harpoon Wireless has the same issue with the left click or any other issue? The shape is almost exactly the same as the RGB elite, and I don't mind t being wireless,but maybe they don't have this issue, as I didn't find any tickets here on this forum about this other mouse.

When i bought my M65 i was unsettled between these two since they were same price range and same 50M click omron switches, but I opted for the wired one.

EDIT:

(Actually the harpoon wireless seems to have some issue with doubleclicking, but this time it seems related to software and wirless issues, fixable with a downgrade of firmware.)

Edited by Danny2112

Found this on a google search about my mouse not clicking right. I am facing the same issue... the left click has dead zones and 1 out of 5 clicks don't work. This is super frustrating when trying to game. The problem follows if I plug it into a different computer so ICUE is out of the mix. I have opened a ticket to RMA. The thing is barely 2 months old. Disappointing quality control.

I have the similar problem here with this particular M65 RGB elite mouse.

I bought the first one in December 2019, used it for about 3 months and starting to experience mis-clicks pr 'ghosting' on the left click, which have left me very frustrated since I actually like this mouse in the beginning.

I have so far owned 3 different Corsair products, the H100i cooler, K65 Mk2 keyboard and the latest addition being this mouse. Both the latter have worked well without issues and unfortunately the mouse has been an absolute let down.

I went to the shop to get a replacement for the mouse and then after another 2-3 months, as of today the replacement mouse is having the exact same problem! There is a very obvious build or design issue with this mouse here, you guys need to recall these mice and have them fixed!

Now I will need to take this mouse back for a refund, which I can only hope they will give. My previous two gaming mouse which I have used and they were rock solid, the first one being a Razer Black Adder and the second one a Steel Series sensei. The razer lasted more than 7 years before it worn out and the Steel series lasted more than 3 years before it got destroyed by my dog.

I will never buy Corsair again. Very disappointed.

Found this on a google search about my mouse not clicking right. I am facing the same issue... the left click has dead zones and 1 out of 5 clicks don't work. This is super frustrating when trying to game. The problem follows if I plug it into a different computer so ICUE is out of the mix. I have opened a ticket to RMA. The thing is barely 2 months old. Disappointing quality control.

It is so clear and obvious that there is a huge design/build issue here. Looks like it is affecting a huge proportion of people who bought this.

Corsair, sort your ***** out ASAP please.

I wish I had read this post before, I originally bought another mouse but the distributor told me they had sold out, so I decided to exchange it for this one. I was so happy the first few days that I decided to buy the K70 Lux keyboard and Void Elite headsets and so I would control all my peripherals from a single application, but in less than a month the left click button started with this annoying problem, now that I have all my Corsair peripherals I am really disappointed that it is a design problem, because I like this mouse so much and I do not want to change brand since all the other peripherals I have are Corsair. I hope the dealer can exchange it for another Corsair model that doesn't have this problem. Any suggestions, please?

Unfortunately I have now joined this club as well. I don't think any firmware or software update will fix this. I to enjoyed the feel and look of the mouse. I have moved on to a different mouse. Not sure if it would pay to RMA this one. I had it under a year. I don't recall when the elite came out.

For better or worse I moved on to the Dark Core RGB Pro SE. So far so good. I like this mouse. Time will tell I suppose.

I'm having the same issue with the m65 RGB elite, the left click doesn't always register unless it's pressed with force.

I've tried updating the software, firmware, and calibration. I've cleared the profile and turned off the rgb, but it looks like I'm having the same hardware issue as everyone else.

I suppose all that's left is to submit a support ticket for RMA and leave it in the hands of the support team.

Good luck to everyone else, I hope corsair does the right thing.