Corsair Community

Hi,

I've been Googling all day to see if someone made a water cooled system in a Obsidian 550D case, but there are no pictures out there!

I wanna know:

1. How thick can a radiator + fans be and still fit in the top of the 550D, without reaching all the way down to the motherboard?

2. When I look at pictures of the 550D, it looks like there's a "dual" roof, is that true? If it is, would it be possible to remove the "outer" roof and cut a larger hole in the inner roof to fit a 360 radiator, without having it look like crap?

3. Would it be possbile to fit a 240mm radiator in the bottom or in the front when the lower HDD cases are removed?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

unless you are really creative and wanting to chop up the case for clearance then it'd be a go for

water-cooling. if not, select another case for this project.

you hadn't stated any other hardware (specs please) other than the case.

the low roof clearance will be the end all for most as depending on motherboard slection, RAM height

it wont be pretty or convenient in the installation. even the H100 installation in push or pull is a feat

and again depending on RAM and MOSFET heatsink location.

a thicker radiator will be the curse...

airdeano

• 2 weeks later...

I've built a system with a 30mm radiator (240) + 25mm fans mounted on the top.

I ended up cutting the mainboard's VRM heatsink so it would fit.

If more important parts would have been in the way, I probably would have mounted the fans outside the case on the top.

pictues of that build here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/102658896618684959043/albums/5777642876708014801?authkey=CObGhpninazNOA

http://content.screencast.com/users/alphanimal/folders/Jing/media/6673f6cf-97df-439e-834f-b8a7eb44193a/2012-08-24_0001.png

cheers

Thanks for the pictures!

How long is the case from back to front i the bottom? And how tall is the case from the bottom up to the 5,25" bays? I'm wondering if another 240mm radiator would fit in front of the PSU, or under the 5,25" bays.

• 1 month later...

Archived