Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF & ASUS Rampage Formula

Hey all, im new here.

I have a problem with my rams and maybe the Rampage Formula. I cant seem to run my rams at 1134MHz 5-5-5-15 (2.14v in BIOS) which is the setting i want to get my E8400 to run at 4.24GHz. even time i get to the loading screen of Vista it will BSOD. When run my rams at 1080MHz 5-5-5-15 (2.14v in BIOS) i am fine i can play games and do all my usual things.

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry for the issues you are having. Do they operate at the tested speed at 1066MHZ? We can only guarantee them at the rated speed, if you are having issues operating them at higher speeds there is not much we can assist you with. Please test them at the rated speed, 1066MHZ, 5-5-5-15, at 2.1v. You can use memtest which you can download http://www.memtest.org, test each module one at a time and let me know the results. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
I've tested them with Memtest86+ and they pass Mentest86+ at stock speeds, when i run them at 1134MHz they get errors. So i was hoping i could RMA them. I got this ram because i was hoping i could overclock my E8400 to 4.24GHz with 4GB of ram. I would like to have my E8400 running @ 4.24GHz again soon.

I got this rams because i read they were very overclockable and now i try them i cant even clock them. Very disappointed. Spend a lot of money to find a pair of rams that i can overclock and when i fine one that can, it cant.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived