Corsair Community

2 Refurb Drives, CSSD-F120GB3/RF2 - Not Recognized by Bios/PC

dreamwraith

Hello,

Looking for some help/hope here.

I bought these two refurb drives at newegg back in July. Unfortunately, long story short, we had a loss in the family, and the project I had planned for them got put on the back burner until now.

I plug the drives into a pc, and nothing - no bios, no device manager, nothing. Both drives. Multiple PC's. Multiple cables, etc.

I tried contacting newegg, and they won't even RESPOND to me - I can't even get a "tough ****" from them. End of the day, I guess I am only out 80 bucks, but if anyone has any thoughts or ideas how I could get these drives to work it would be much appreciated. Since they are clearly outside of even a short term 90 day warranty, I can't see how corsair is going to give me any help, so just looking for ideas I guess.

If no one has any ideas, I guess I can take ideas for how best to burn these in effigy.

You can try contacting customer service via phone and explain your situation.

You can call them using Skype by calling their toll-free number which is found on their contact page.

If they cannot help you. There should be two L.E.Ds inside the SSD. One is red and the other is green. Seeing as the warranty is expired, you could open the SSD and check if the green L.E.D. is lit or peek inside the small gap.

Red = Power

Green = Connection/Link/Activity status. This will light up during POST and stay lit until the PC is turned off.

If the green L.E.D. is not lit, gently push the SATA plug up/down or try a re-plugging it and see if that helps.

I would definitely try again with Newegg considering your circumstances. They are probably just slammed with Black Friday coming along. If you don't get any help from them, start a ticket with us, or call in. We can't make any promises from the forum but you should try with customer service and see if they have any options.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived