View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 12:53 PM
WarshipOwl's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1061096
WarshipOwl Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
Did scan take your H80i v2 header and run it to a fan hub on the back of the motherboard? One that appears to be sharing control with other case fans? I can see why that would be a problem and it would make all the case fans run at maximum.

If the above is true, you need to get the H80i v2 lead off that hub and put it directly on CPU fan. Then take the fan hub master control lead that is on CPU fan now and move it to a CHA_FAN header. DO NOT use OPT. It will copy the CPU fan header.

Now that you have separated the case fans from the H80i's power delivery, you can run the cooler properly, controlling it's fans through Link and the case fans through the BIOS.
I believe from what I can see the cooler is going straight to the CPU header (is it meant to only be 3 pins from the cooler?) and the hub CPU port is going to the chasis header. The hub almost seems pointless because its only powering 1 chasis fan! so the fan could go straight the chasis fan itself. Sorry my phone camera is real blurry these days but I'll rename the photos to be clearer whats in them!

so hub to chasis - the cable with the cpu sticker on it (i dont know why) goes to chasis header from the hub cpu port.

the from hub - is from the hub into the chasis header

cooler - straight from side of the cooler into the cpu header with 3 pins
Attached Images
File Type: png hubtochasis.PNG (758.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: png fromhub.PNG (838.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: png cooler.PNG (1.21 MB, 33 views)