Corsair Community

ASUS A8V Deluxe - CMX512-3200LL not in "Qualified Vendors List"

shooter99

Hi! I've ordered an A8V Deluxe Board and the TWINX1024-3200LL memmory pair. But now i've read in the recently published "Qualified Vendors List DDR 400 memmory modules" from ASUS for the A8V Deluxe ([URL=http://www.asus.com/products/mb/socket939/a8v-d/overview.htm]CLICK HERE and scroll down to bottom of the page[/URL]) that the CMX512-3200LL is not in their list, only the CMX512-3200C2 module. Now i'm a bit confused if my TWINX1024-3200LL consisting of the CMX512-3200LL are going to work. Why didn't put ASUS the 'LL' Module in their list :confused: Hope you can help me RAM GUY regards shooter

• Corsair Employee
First thing, if you want a module that's on the MB makers QVL list then I would suggest you use a Cass 3 module! MB makers usually do not validate over clocked or over clocking memory as that would give an Idea they support you over clocking the MB! In addition, I don't know that we sent them our LL modules as they are about EOL! If you want the best performance I would suggest Twinx1024-3200XL as they would support more options with over clocking than any other module we make. But if you do not plan on over clocking I would suggest you just get Twinx1024-3200 and you should be good to go! Just not as fast as our XMS3200LL or XMS3200XL modules!

• Corsair Employee
EOL = End of Life! The IC we use to make this module is no longer in production and is becoming hard to get! And yes they will run great in this MB, just get the latest bios and set the dim voltage to 2.7 Volts and you should be good to go!

Ram guy!! I need a help Asus A8v and using a FX 53 939 which ram best for games? and stable? and best price? around $100- $200 that I don't have to mess with bois just plug and play. :D: where do I buy them newegg?

:!: :sunglasse So for best playing games Twinx1024-3200LL as in 512 X 2? and it's got to be 1024mb not a 512mb? 256 x 2? it's pretty logic that's why alot of bench mark or to see performance on a game all they where using a 1024mb of ram instead of 512mb :eek:

Archived