Corsair Community

CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 & Asus Rampage IV Extreme 1 stick failing

Neowarex

Hello,

I have recently purchased the CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 kit with a new motherboard (Asus Rampage IV Extreme) and CPU (i7-3820) as well as new Corsair Force GT 120 GB SSDs.

All was well until I got a BSOD about a week ago. I have tested 3 out of the 4 sticks with Memtest 86 (outside windows, ran it through a bootable disk) and found 1 that always gives errors within the first few seconds no matter the ram slot or settings in BIOS.

I think I will need an RMA but before going there, could anyone suggest anything ? If I have to RMA it, since I use this computer to work 24/7, do you think I could get an advance RMA ?

I have never had a Corsair part fail on me until now (except a backplate issue on the Corsair Obsidian 800D) and luckily, I am able to run without issues with 2 out of the 4 sticks.

Also, since I had the 2 SSDs in Raid 0, I am wondering if anyone has any experience of files becoming corrupt due to the BSOD/RAM failure.

Thanks a lot in advance for all the help,

Neo

I think I will need an RMA but before going there, could anyone suggest anything ? If I have to RMA it, since I use this computer to work 24/7, do you think I could get an advance RMA ?

Thats pretty cut and dry there. One stick fails would be a an RMA situation. There isn't anything you can do to fix that.

You will need to call CS and discuss an advanced RMA with them. That can not be arranged through the forums here.

Good Luck:)

Thanks a lot :) I have completed the RMA and have called in. The nice lady told me that the advanced RMA won't be a problem but that ram won't be in until Monday so I'll have to call then for the advanced RMA but it's all good.

Thanks a lot guys, I wish all the other companies were like Corsair, no one would be scared to build their own computer. When will Corsair start releasing Video Cards, motherboards and hdds on top of the ssds ? :)

Thanks a lot :) I have completed the RMA and have called in. The nice lady told me that the advanced RMA won't be a problem but that ram won't be in until Monday so I'll have to call then for the advanced RMA but it's all good.

Thanks a lot guys, I wish all the other companies were like Corsair, no one would be scared to build their own computer. When will Corsair start releasing Video Cards, motherboards and hdds on top of the ssds ? :)

NP!

I would be all over a Corsair MB like a hobo on a hot dog!:D:

Exactly how I feel :) Imagine perfect compatibility and awesome reliability. Oh well...

I have placed the Advance RMA Monday and should receive them soon but since I am in Toronto, Canada, I think it will take a few more days for me to get them.

Will report back, life's too hectic these days. Thanks again!

• 3 years later...

An update after 4 years. Rams were replaced and still going strong after 4 years. The H100 seems to have lost a lot of performance (getting 60-64C on idle or very low CPU usage) but I am waiting for my replacement H100i v2 with an advanced RMA. Corsair's legendary reliability and support still going strong!

Thanks a lot again to everyone!

Archived