Corsair Community

LED Keys Can't Catch Up With Typing Speed!

pum

Again, the title says it all!

Seeing as my typing speed is exceptionally fast, and I'm sure there's MANY of you who type at inhuman speeds too, you MUST have noticed that the LEDs can't catch up and has a very noticeable delay.

Sooo bad..

I guess you can relate many of these minor issues regarding these particular keyboards with a game called battlefield 4, infamously known as 'betafield'.

Grail does not type fast enough.

I type 100+ wpm and the lighting freezes up eventually, especially when gaming and your APM reaches 200. The software doesn't seem to have a queue cancel when overloaded with actions and just freezes at a random lighting effect across the keyboard.

Then you have to switch the bios in the back to reset the keyboard. There are many little issues like this that make the board broken to me and almost make me want to replace it back to my $10 keyboard.

I just want it to work.

Plug-in and play.

I type 100+ wpm and the lighting freezes up eventually, especially when gaming and your APM reaches 200. The software doesn't seem to have a queue cancel when overloaded with actions and just freezes at a random lighting effect across the keyboard.

Then you have to switch the bios in the back to reset the keyboard. There are many little issues like this that make the board broken to me and almost make me want to replace it back to my $10 keyboard.

I just want it to work.

Plug-in and play.

Even slamming the keys at 300 WPM I don't seem to have any issues. =/ 200 APM is actually pretty low for MOBA/RTS considering it includes mouse clicks.

I just want it to work.

Plug-in and play.

I hope some firmware fixes all these issues soon, so annoying, it's still an awesome keyboard but c'mon, I would like my keyboard to function at it's full potential!

I play osu! sometimes with reactive typing and ripples and have never experienced this. Sometimes on osu! if you're streaming long songs at 240bpm for 3mins + The key presses per minute gets ridiculous (over thousands/min). Never have seen it lock up.

Even slamming the keys at 300 WPM I don't seem to have any issues. =/ 200 APM is actually pretty low for MOBA/RTS considering it includes mouse clicks.

I am only speaking about the keyboard. You need fingers that can put some serious work in when the adrenaline is flowing. This is most likely a FPS gamer issue only when someone quickly hits multiple keys at the same time over a period of a time. Or you don't have a profile that exhibits this problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yep, have the same issue on the k70

edit:

on Windows Im using a pretty normal white backlightning that reacts into red and fades back into white. pretty standard stuff, this profile works very good and is very "reactive".. even when i swipe every key i hit lightens up immediatly.

I created a new profile today, got the idea from the cooldown gradient here in the forum (dark blue mainlightning fades into white-yellow-orange-red-darkblue). this works really bad. the LEDS cant catch up with the keypresses and when i swipe its the same like in the videos posted here.

I attached my profiles, maybe some of you can check it out.

Cooldown gradient.prf

therewillbeblood.prf

After checking out the video you uploaded, i tested out your profiles, and they seem to work just fine for me, what happened in your video does not happen for me, the lights follow my typing perfectly fine,

as you did i dragged my fingers across the keyboard and i did not end up with the same problem you had.

Archived