Corsair Community

QL fans and iCUE

Bhaalspawn

You can't quit the application. Obviously the software processes have to tell everything what to do.

You can close the app window. It will not need CPU/GPU resources to render the window.

If you quit the application and/or its related processes, it will revert to hardware mode. You do have some control over this, but not to the same degree. Open up the lighting controller in CUE, select the corresponding lighting channel 1 or 2, then select Hardware Lighting at the bottom. This is the saved behavior when iCUE is not running, including boot, restart, etc. You are limited to a single effect.

it's not "obviously". with Polychrom i can choose the effect and then close.

If the process is still going, it will take resources and i also don't want to see the icon the in tray.

But then you say another thing. if i understand i can change the default (you call it hardware) effect, but i can't choose among all the effects availables when iCUE is running.

Correct?

i don't know what you mean with "limited to a single effect". I (would) have nothing else escept those fans so if mean that i can't choose a different effect for each component, that is not important because i have only 1. i don't like PCs that look like a christmas tree.

No, you can't choose among all of the effects that you have when iCUE is running. Those effects require the hardware to execute - and they are far, far, far, far more complex than anything that you can do with Polychrome. You have a limited set of effects to select for hardware mode and you can only choose one. But you can choose any one that you like. These effects run on the MCU of the Lighting Node Pro/Commander Pro -which is far less capable than your CPU.

Ok

But honestly, after a year of RGB i understood that i don't want complex things. Just a Rainbow or a static white or something circular is good for me. I don't want to customize every single led to create strange things.

So do you know what is available for hardware mode?

PS: can i at least hide the tray icon?? i could just do that IF iCUE is not heavy (about 30mb)

i can do that...what? you disable the tray icon?

I don't understant what you mean because i asked "which effects can i choose...." and then "can i hide...." and the only question you can answer with a "yes" is the second one.

but the explanation "go to device---hadware lighting" it seems more an answer to where do i have to go to change the hadware effect.

You can do "just a rainbow" or "static white" or another relatively simple effect (compared to what the software can do). It doesn't hide the icon but sets the effects that plan when iCUE is closed.

Have you even looked at the hardware lighting tab? Because I'm the second person that's suggested it to you and you keep asking questions that would likely be cleared up if you just opened iCUE and looked at it and played around with it.

how can i watch tabs if i don't have Corsair hardware on my PC?

i'm just asking to see if i want to buy or not.

The software can be nice for those who has many RGB components and want to control all of them, with special effects

I just want 1 fan