Corsair Community

The quietest cooling system

KirakosovGeorgy

both xt and elite cappelix use Coolit pump which is loud.

I own the cappelix and it is loud as the pump spins at 2300 rpm at lowest setting.

I also own the H150i Pro (non xt). this one is very quiet, inaudible from 2 feet away as the pump spins at 1100 RPM(quiet profile). the pump is Asetek Brand.

I took out Cappelix because I couldnt stand the noise.

The XT series will be identical to what you have now. The Platinum and XT lines share identical hardware, minus the internal lighting controller on the Platinum. The new Elite coolers are manufactured with the same partner, but I would not say it sounds exactly the same. My Elite is difficult to hear while holding it in my hands outside of the case on the low setting and the case fans at minimum cover it up.

However, the Pro series from a few years back is the only one with an ultra low 1100 rpm "Quiet" pump speed. That is significantly lower than all other models, but of course there is no free lunch. It's great for quiet desktop work, but if you don't bump it up to the middle 2160 rpm speed, you will take a performance hit on extended load. The other models have more restrictive blocks and you can't get away with using half the pump speed.

the crackle is usually air bubbles passing through the pump.

You'd want to make sure the pump is not the highest point of the loop.

Even if your radiator is front mounted with tubes on top, as long as the top of the radiator is higher than the pump, it should be okay.

What i usually do with new AIOs is run them at full speed constantly for a few days to force the air into the top tank of the radiator. after a while, the crackling usually goes away.

What you are describing has been a common user complaint for the Platinum/XT models. Others have described the Quiet setting in the same manner and they actually prefer to use the medium setting. Even though it is technically louder, it is a smoother sound. It's hard to say why, but the original specifications for the Platinum did not include that lowest speed. It was added via firmware update later on.

The Elite coolers are made with the same partner, but the components are not the same. Noise is highly subjective. If the case sits on desk, 18 inches from your ear and you prefer to keep your case fans off, you are going to hear something. Pump, HDDs, whatever is left.

If you can hear the "H115i Pro" at 1100 rpm, you should take your head out of the case. The entire model line was designed to be quiet with lower max speed versions of the ML fans. It was a direct response to criticism about the prior model being too noisy out of the box. It is capable of using any PWM fan you like and of course the pump can be set to higher speeds when performance is required. I still have mine and it was an excellent cooler.

I have 115 platinum

I installed the radiator at the top of the case. The pump was running at maximum speed all the time. Now I have set the minimum mode. After a few hours, she began to work quieter. I don't understand why the air bubbles did not come out earlier at maximum speed?

Edited by KirakosovGeorgy

well AIOs have tiny wee pumps. even at full speed it's not earth shattering. they need time to work the bubbles out and bleed them to the top of the loop.

Same thing on custom loop, despite the more powerful pumps. takes days to have all the bubbles purged, but it happens.