Corsair Community

HS1 Headset Background noise

MrSilent

I have recently bought the HS1 Headset and I must say it is amazing.

There is just a little problem:

1. I can hear a silent background noise which is really annoing. If I mute the sound via Windows button the noise is gone. So I think there might be a software solution.

2. When I'm listening to youtube Videos there is a crackling noise. I only noticed it on youtube so far. There never is any noise while playing games or watching a movie.

3. Is there any possibility to switch from Headset to normal stereo speakers via softwarebutton?

I have already tried a different HS1 so it doens't seem like its a hardware failure.

Does anybody know a solution?

Thanks

3. You can switch the audio output in Windows.

I know that but I was rather thinking of some easier way because its annoying to always go to the menu etc.

The more important solution for me is to prevent the background noise because I won't keep the headset if I can't turn it off.

If you uninstall the HS1 driver are you still able to hear the background noise?

Yes I can still hear it.

There is one more thing I noticed: After playing any kind of sound like when pressing the windows sound buttung (which makes "bing") the noise kinda dissappears and then gradually comes back (like within 3 Seconds)

Archived