Corsair Community

Ryzen 5800X iCue issues

jshurak

I managed to nab a new CPU yesterday and iCue appears to be having some strange issues.

Its unable to provide any CPU monitoring besides basic CPU load%. No temperature readings.

Second, my commander pro keeps dropping and adding my case fans. I have 6 ML 120s which were working perfectly until I installed the CPU. I've triple checked all my connections. Fans keep disappearing and reappearing. gif of issue below.

https://imgur.com/RBDxQPy

Congratulations and I am a little jealous. On the CPU data, it is most likely the CPUID program Corsair uses to interpret this data has not been updated from the vendor for the new CPUs. This seems to happen on most recent launches.

Since you can't see it in CUE and are undoubtedly curious about the CPU, you probably launched HWiFO, AIDA, or some other full spectrum monitoring program. That is what's fighting with CUE over access to the Commander and causing it to pop in and out like that. Depending on which program you are using, the instructions are slightly different. However, the general idea is disable monitoring of the Commander or any other Corsair devices in the other program. You will need to restart the CUE service or after making changes to unstick CUE. The other option is to go without CUE for a bit and set it not to run on start-up. That may or may not be practical depending on how much you need the software for the keyboard.

Thanks, I figured it was likely a software issue. Same with other software I'm running.

The commander issue, fingers crossed, appears to have resolved itself, miraculously and mysteriously....

edit: I take it back, commander issue is still occurring

Edited by jshurak

Make sure you open up the task manager, kill the CUE app, then also Corsair Service (32 bit) and Corsair.Service.CpuidRemote. Then restart. Otherwise the services stay in their conflict state.

Sometimes you can get away a simple "restart service" from the CUE settings, but it depends on the other program. I am able to get HWiNFO to play along, but have a lot more trouble with AIDA. However, the disappearing UI stuff is almost always software related, so there is no reason to suspect a hardware problem. When I first got my 10900K and poking and prodding incessantly, I just quit CUE for a while so I could use the deeper metrics from HWiNFO. It got to be too much work to constantly keep them in separate corners. Once you get settled it, then you no longer feel like you need to watch Thread #17's current residency %.

• 3 weeks later...
I too am having this issue and am not running anything else but iCue. I use it for everything. Since popping in my 5900x I have been having a multitude of issues I figured were just because I will need to wait on an update. My ram was stuck in rainbow mode....deleting aura fixed that. But now my asus board doesn't show up in iCue and my temp profile is looking at my GPU, the CPU is not listed.

When you uninstalled Aura/Armory Crate, you lost the ability to control the MB. CUE must use the Lighting.Service from that program to pass commands and it must be installed. I had some trouble forcing Armory Crate to comply on this version of CUE, but I normally use Aura so I can’t say there is a direct link. If you have a new B550 board, you might be forced to use AC as Asus phases out Aura.

I don’t have any further information about CPUiD updates for the new AMD chips.

• 1 month later...
What chipset are you guys using for your AMD 5000s? I'm using a x570 Dark Hero and nothing connected to my Commander Pro USB ports is being detected.

Is the commander core disconnecting when you start up iCue? That's whats happening with my 5800X / ASUS x570. I even installed a NZXT USB hub and it still doesnt work.

So initially, it just didn't work at all. Commander Pro itself works, I can control fan speeds and stuff like that, but the 2.0 ports didn't work (so my Lighting Node Core and PSU weren't detected). I was messing around in BIOS and had to Clear CMOS, and after rebooting after the clear, the ports actually started working (so my PSU was showing up and reporting and I was able to control lighting effects through my Lighting Node Core). However, the system would constantly make USB disconnect/reconnect sound and I could see the PSU and LNC disappearing in iCUE every time this happened. So it's like the PC saw these things, it worked, and then said oh no no you cant do this and disabled it, and it just keeps fighting back and forth. I ultimately just disconnected both the USB cables from Commander Pro to make it stop. Haven't tried the NZXT hub yet.