Corsair Community

Assigning a macro to scroll rather than middle wheel press?

Zeddeus

Hey, I am trying to figure out how I can assign a macro command to either scrolling up or scrolling down my mouse wheel.

I want to use it for gaming, as obviously scrolling the wheel is easier to do than pressing it, and using scroll gives you two options on the same piece of mouse.

I just cant seem to figure it out?

I can do it the other way, having pressing scroll simulate scrolling the wheel in a given direction, this is done by remapping middle mouse button to upscroll, but this is the exact opposite of what I am attempting to do.

Specifically this is to run things like a wardhop macro in League of Legends, as you can't bind scroll wheel to actions in game either.

Here's a pic of my CUE page for the mouse.

Does the CUE not have a facility for binding macro functions to scrolling?

Pic.thumb.png.4ac57f3650f8b4f862deb59d13c0915f.png

Read your post incorrectly the first time.

Select the key you would like to mimic scroll. Then assign a new action and click on options to "record mouse wheel scroll" and then record your macro.

I think OP wants to bind a macro to "scroll up" and not a macro for "scroll up"

Like when you scroll up using the mouse wheel, have it execute a macro. Then, when you scroll down, it executes another macro. When you press in the mouse wheel, it can execute another macro. The mouse wheel could perform three different actions easily. At least, that's how I read the post.

I don't see any easy way to map a macro to "scroll up" or "scroll down".

If you want to use "scroll up" in a macro, follow Henry's advice.

Like when you scroll up using the mouse wheel, have it execute a macro. Then, when you scroll down, it executes another macro. When you press in the mouse wheel, it can execute another macro. The mouse wheel could perform three different actions easily. At least, that's how I read the post.

Yeah you got what I meant thanks.

That's a shame, but fair enough.

Thank you both for the replies

• Corsair Employee

Ahh thanks for the clarification

Archived