Corsair Community

My story HS1 versa HS1a and my RMA

LaRSin

My story HS1 versa HS1a and my RMA

First I’m an older man (60) and I play mostly fps games Cod4 is the main one, I got the hs1 for Xmas ,my choice after reading all the reviews, I had been using my plantronics usb head phones for years with windows drivers, So I thought it was time for change and wanted something good,

HS1

The software isn’t bad but not really what I would call meant for gaming, The only thing in the software worth having is the Dolby, other than that I find it know better than the on board Realtek software, The reason they where rma was because the software was incompatible with synapse my N52TE controller uses, Every time I switched games or apps where I need the controller the HA1 software would stop working.

RMA

The support and customer service staff were first class, I thought they treated me great, I sent the HS1 back on the Jan 19 and got a replacement set back on Feb 9, But there was one little problem, They sent the wrong ones, They were suppose to send the HS1A (tech support suggestion) and they sent me the HS1, So I gave them call and they sent out another set and got them on Feb 11, That pretty good service.

HS1A

Now I have only had a chance to use them for a couple hours, But find them to be better suited for me, No mic problems (not that I had any) and that’s with on board sound, It will take a little while to used to the large ear cups, And since the software is similar to what corsair gives minis the Dolby 5.1 or 7.1, I use stereo and EQ if I need to. I might now even look for a better sound, but I doubt I will need it, I find these headphones are well built and the sound quality good ,not excellent, If any problems come up I let you know, I'm know expert but if you have a question, Just ask and I can try and answer it, since I have used both.

For those that were wondering about the volume control on the HS1a, I have attached pic. NO PRETTY BLUE LIGHTS..:laughing:

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx339/LaRSin02/HS1aVolume1.jpg

Hi.

I just have -one- question for you.

How does the headset(HS1A) sound if you choose to emulate Virtual Surround (Realtek has it if a headset is plugged in and currently being used, its a Tick box in the Realtek controlpanel near bottom if you use Win7)

If you dont have it, there is another option if you click Sounds in the control panel or right click the volume icon in the taskbar and choose Sounds. Then output\right click the currently used output and choose properties\enhancements\virtual surround.

If compared to the "Dolby Headphone" mode on the HS1, how is it?

Thanks in advance if you care to try it out.

I just ordered HS1A for $70 after MIR today.

I should receive them by Friday the 18th. :)

The one thing i wish this headset had is a optional clip for the in-line volume control.

I can probably rig a clip up that won't void the warranty.

Regarding the HS1A and 7.1, that would depend on the soundcard's capability.

And how would it be if you emulate virtual surround (not 5.1 or 7.1) in Stereo, as when using Dolby Headphone? (it appears to be the very same thing as Realteks Virtual Surround or even windows Virtual Surround for headphones)

It should be easy to check it, Just plug in any headphones in and check and play around with your sound panel, But I don't think you will have 7.1 with the HS1a , remember it has only has two plug's one for the mic and one for the sound in stereo, So unless your software can simulate 7.1 or 5.1 , The answer would be no.

It should be easy to check it, Just plug in any headphones in and check and play around with your sound panel, But I don't think you will have 7.1 with the HS1a , remember it has only has two plug's one for the mic and one for the sound in stereo, So unless your software can simulate 7.1 or 5.1 , The answer would be no.

Most soundcards that you may purchase got, by todays standards, dolby headphone, and dolby llx which means they can simulate 2.0 and 5.1 into 7.1, just as the headsets software.

Archived