View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 03:07 PM
Bloodyvikings's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023839
Bloodyvikings Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
I don't hear any clicking in that sound file at all. I do hear a lot of lower frequency harmonics. The magnetic levitation bearing does have some of that noise to a degree, but it is typically evident when running very low speeds (400-600) in a very quiet room. At 1300 rpm, there should be enough blade/air noise that you can't heat anything else.

I think the next step would be to unbolt one of them and see if the characteristics are present when in your hand or on the desk vs mounted and in numbers. You probably need to isolate whether this is a small noise being repeated 7 times or if there is a case/mount issue contributing to the overall tone. I hear a lot of what seems like case resonance in the clip, but it can be very hard to tell on the other end of a sound byte.
I think I heard the same noise from the fans when they were outside of the case, but I will remove one later today just to double check.

But I suppose that's what the fans really sounds like and those who think they're quiet live in a more noisy environment. My apartment is really well isolated from the outside. I am the kind of person who thinks that the low frequency sound of a modern TV is super annoying, so I was hoping that these fans wouldn't make any sound at all other than the sound of moving air.

FYI, I've heard the same kind of sound from every fan I've used besides the ones from Be Quiet. They make some kind of sound at lower RPM but not the same as these and every other brand I've used. Even Noctuas annoy me.