Corsair Community

Just ordered a K95

Belial_69699

I know this is probably weird and I know its just a keyboard but I'm actually excited for my new K95 to get here! I've been using a Logitech G510 for a little over a year now but my friends keep telling me how great a mechanical keyboard is so I took the plunge and ordered one! :D:

I already own several Corsair products: Force GS series SSD, 600T case, 750HX psu, Dominator Platinum RAM and a H80 cpu cooler so I know I'm getting a great product already and a good warranty. Still just hope that the mechanical keyboards are just as good as everyone says! :cool:

I just switched from a G11 that got water damaged. So far I am liking the K95 a lot, though the different spacing of the keys is taking a while to get used to for touch typing. Even though there is no click internal to the switch (being cherry reds) I will say that just the mechanical end of travel for the keys is louder than I expected. The backlighting is much brighter than the G11, which is nice. There is however a "shimmer" to the backlights, they are blinking on and off at a very high rate and it keeps catching my eye when I don't want to. My wife on the other hand can't see the blinking/shimmering so, you may not notice either.

Just got my K95 today. Was very easy to setup and install the software. The keys are definitely louder than my Logitech G510 but they feel so much smoother and more responsive. The LED lighting it awesome! So far really enjoying it. I think it will take me a little getting used to for a while but its feeling pretty good so far. I also didn't notice any wobbling or warping that I've seen in other threads about the K95. I'll update if I run into any problems though.

Thanks Corsair!

Archived