Corsair Community

Issue With H100i Cooler After Firmware Update

bmchenry

Hi,

I started having issues with the Corsair Link software and no matter how many uninstalls and reinstalls the issue stated. Sometimes I would see my devices and would see data from the hard drive temperature for instance but nothing on the AX860i etc. Other times all the items would show the images but no speeds or temps. The other condition I get is when I start the software and have zero items under my system section. The whole thing is blank.

Hoping for a fix I updated my H100i with Firmware 1.0.7.s19 which turned out to be a mistake. As soon as I did the fans went into full blast so I rebooted.

When I boot up my computer every time now I get an error at BIOS of "No CPU Fan" though the CPU is being cooled. When I go into the BIOS fan section it is not populating any information like it did previously. At the same time the 100i fans are running at 100% which I can hear and the CPU is at 35 degrees.

I tried to go into the Link 2 Software to update back to the old firmware and this gives me an error of Status: H80i/H100i not connected. I've tried to plug into different USB headers, left the power off for a while etc and nothing fixes it.

Any ideas?

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry about that but it sounds like the firmware flash failed. Please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace it. You can chose the option for an Express RMA and get the replacement before you send the old cooler.

• 3 months later...
Hi Ram guy, i did the exact same thing! will i have to rma mine to? or is there anyway for me to flash it back to default? also do i need to register my product or anything to get it rma'd as i have only just put it in a new build and havent done the warrenty or anything. i updated the firmware hoping to get rid of the clicking sound at start up ( didnt fix that either haha). thanks for the help

Hi Ram guy, i did the exact same thing! will i have to rma mine to? or is there anyway for me to flash it back to default? also do i need to register my product or anything to get it rma'd as i have only just put it in a new build and havent done the warrenty or anything. i updated the firmware hoping to get rid of the clicking sound at start up ( didnt fix that either haha). thanks for the help

Archived