Corsair Community

dual xeon setup..lots of questions

squidman

Basically a z9pe-d8 ws board with dual xeons in d900! But have many probs (not least the mobo is temperamental!)...so have finally what looks to be a stable win7 setup. Installed dual h80i's to my only 2! usb2 headers, and a corsair cooling link and cooling node (master cooling thinggy is disconnected for now, and node just supplies power to cooling node...so all front fans at 100%).

Have installed the software, but can't find where to update firmware for h80i's...a link someone`?

Is it possible to daisy-chain say the h80i's to each other, then to the master controller? Or should they be separate? (scratch that, see they need to be separate.....corsair's bad...only one corsair link input/output per h80i)...

There is an opening on the master controller to a fan header with 2 outputs, going to 'fan/mobo' on said controller, but no cable and nothing in the guides (typical!)...any ideas?...i.e. the last one on the right.

Will even updating this corsair thing give me more bsod and reinstalling win7? From scratch? At this point extremely skeptical, suffice to say, I love the case, but the rest...at least my ax1200 hasn't died!

Extremely disappointed with the usual lack of Corsair help/guides/info etc...although that is now par for the course. Even the mobo standoffs were off, and extra hdd cages for the 900d are still missing, ditto backplanes for hot-swaps.

However, it is still a very sexy case! I friggn love it! but yeah iff I can even install win7 on this beast, the corsair link thingy looks like an absolute nightmare! (hint...someone told me you can get nzxt usb mobo extenders! on overclock.net.....might be needing those!).

cookie out! phew...:eek:

• Corsair Employee
Have installed the software, but can't find where to update firmware for h80i's...a link someone`?

A: No reason to update the firmware just use what came on them it should be F/W 1.05 and if so I would leave it alone.

Is it possible to daisy-chain say the h80i's to each other, then to the master controller? Or should they be separate? (scratch that, see they need to be separate.....corsair's bad...only one corsair link input/output per h80i)...

A: NO as you found out, but I would consider an internal USB port like the one from NZXT

There is an opening on the master controller to a fan header with 2 outputs, going to 'fan/mobo' on said controller, but no cable and nothing in the guides (typical!)...any ideas?...i.e. the last one on the right.

A: Are you talking about the two fan ports on the side of the cooler? If so they are for the fans you cannot connect that to the MB.

attachment.php?attachmentid=13162&stc=1&d=1377034796

Extremely disappointed with the usual lack of Corsair help/guides/info etc...although that is now par for the course. Even the mobo standoffs were off, and extra hdd cages for the 900d are still missing, ditto backplanes for hot-swaps.

However, it is still a very sexy case! I friggn love it! but yeah iff I can even install win7 on this beast, the corsair link thingy looks like an absolute nightmare! (hint...someone told me you can get nzxt usb mobo extenders! on overclock.net.....might be needing those!).

A: If the case was missing something please use the link on the left and start an RMA and explain what was missing and we will be happy to send the items to you.

217064525_FanPorts.png.441be772d304b4b4ac1afa7187053cf8.png

See my latest post...it all works as long as I disconnect the sata power to the h80is'..and reconnect..not surprisingly it was more shoddy corsair products ( a dodgy usb to usb header cable this time! :((((( ) that resulted in only seeing the one h80i. Still have to do the disconnect thing every time I restart (but at least save the RMA! wow that was going to be a nightmare!!!)....but it took a whole day to sort.

Please pass up the chain that they need to sort firmware soonest! Or have they given up on corsair link? Is that why everything is suddenly so cheap?

Kudos for replying (dude you have one thankless job!) and (-1) million kudos to your friends in management!

• Corsair Employee
That would suggest the USB Controller on the MB is not enumerating the Corsair USB properly, or there is some conflict at Boot. Please try it on another Internal USB Port and I would make sure that you have the latest USB Controller drivers and the latest MB BIOS.

Ok will try...but have latest bios that supports b0 stepping. Will switch headers. How bad is the 12v to sata iff you get shocked? Still have to do that live at every startup. May have to go nzxt route.

Btw, thanks for replies....didn't mean to be harsh but assumed you are the front-end for corsair customer service/employee and not a concerned netizen! Props on help anyway.

• Corsair Employee

No problem and I am sorry I dont get your point with this statement:

didn't mean to be harsh but assumed you are the front-end for corsair customer service/employee and not a concerned netizen! Props on help anyway.

I do not see where you were being out of line or harsh, you just want it to work and I dont blame you one bit, No Harm no foul!

OP, why are you doing all these firmware updates? Firmware updates are used to address specific problems certain combinations of equipment experience, not just to have the latest update. Updating just for the sake of updates causes problems for most.

You are using Corsair products outside of the design parameters and it's Corsairs fault it doesn't work?

Archived