Corsair Community

H100i Problems

FELLzilla

Hi,

I have a H100i which has a few problems, and I would like to know if I need to buy a new cooler, or whether they're known issues and there is a firmware update I should install.

Problem 1

Sometimes my keyboard seems to cause the Corsair Link software no end of issues, it seems to depend what USB port everything is plugged into. The problem is that the entire H100i stops being recognised meaning I cannot control fan speed or monitor temperatures.

This took AGES to work out and I'd like to know if there is a fix because I do often move things around and plug my Keyboard, Mouse etc... into different ports.

Problem 2

The H100i makes a whine noise most, if not all, of the time. I have the fans set to Quiet, and they seem to be fine. I think it might be the pump that is making the noise, it sounds like the kind of whine you would get from an old HDD. No fan profile seems to fix this, and it's very annoying. It doesn't sound like anything is broken, it's just this background noise that I cannot get rid of.

Is there anything I can do to remedy either of these two issues before I purchase a new (different) cooler?

• Corsair Employee

For the USB issue I would check for the Latest MB BIOS and or USB drivers and as you found moving the posts they are plugged into helps. But there is no known issue like this that can attributed to our USB dongle, you can request an RMA and we can try changing the dongle it is possible it has some issue but I would suspect the MB USB controller based on what you posted. But lets try swapping the USB Dongle first.

What version of our software are you using and please go to Options then devices and expand the Corsair Devices and post a screen shot like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=13127&stc=1&d=1376525326

DevicesC-Link3.PNG.5880a82abf55ce71907cdcee2337c87b.PNG

• Corsair Employee

You are using an old version of the software please remove any saved profiles and then reset to default and then close it and do not save or create a new profile upon exit.

The go to Programs and features and uninstall the Corsair Link Software and the then the Corsair USB Dongle and restart the system.

Then please down load Corsair Link Software Version 2.4.4948 to a directory on your HDD not the desktop.

When you install it you will want to right click on the file and run it as an administrator.

Archived