Corsair Community

Corsair 800D case?

carsonbm

You can not up grade to usb3 in front. They want you to run the wires out the back of your case and plug them into the back usb. No way of plugging into the onboard header. It is a joke that I laughed at the whole time I zipped them all up and out of the way. Forget about the front panel Corsair had brain damage when they thought that solution up.

Regards

• Administrators
Shayne: Yes, you can upgrade the 800D front ports to USB 3.0. Yes, it does plug into the back of the motherboard and not an onboard header. This is because the case is 4 years old, and when the USB 3.0 upgrade was designed, USB 3.0 wasn't that prevalent yet, and most motherboards didn't have USB 3.0 headers.

Shayne: Yes, you can upgrade the 800D front ports to USB 3.0. Yes, it does plug into the back of the motherboard and not an onboard header. This is because the case is 4 years old, and when the USB 3.0 upgrade was designed, USB 3.0 wasn't that prevalent yet, and most motherboards didn't have USB 3.0 headers.

And the reason it continues is because?

Regards

And the reason it continues is because?

Regards

They probably manufactured all the USB front panels in only a couple batches, (if not all at one time), in order to obtain a reasonable unit cost. I doubt they're making them one-at-a-time, and I'm sure they haven't made any in a long time.

The 800D is EOL so I don't think you'll see any new accessories designed or manufactured for it.

Archived