Corsair Community

Windows 8.1 with Vengeance 2000

Mopar63

I did post a support ticket about this a few days ago and today I got this reply.

"We are currently working with Microsoft to purchase the right to their driver certification so it may take some time. Regardless, we will post onto our forums regarding this information. "

What a shame. And I was thinking it would be a matter of days.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind a temporary solution to this while we wait for the official drivers if thats at all possible.

I am more than happy to install beta drivers if it gives me my 7.1 options back, I dont really care if a driver is signed or not so long as it works.

I think this is bull**** that they don't have a working driver out for Windows 8.1. 8.1 preview has been out since May and RTM for over a month. That was more than enough time for corsairs competitors to put out working drivers.

The previous drivers were bad enough and now we only have a driver that does 2.0 audio for a device thats advertised as 7.1, come on.

I wouldn't mind a temporary solution to this while we wait for the official drivers if thats at all possible.

I am more than happy to install beta drivers if it gives me my 7.1 options back, I dont really care if a driver is signed or not so long as it works.

I agree. If they would upload an uncertified beta driver on the Corsair website that fixes the problem, I could happily accept that as a temporary solution.

Some people are lucky apparently. Mine don't work at all after the 8.1 update. :( How long will it be until this gets addressed?

i am also in the same boat as you, some people can get theirs to work using only 2.0 whereas mine doesn't make a sound, yet the mic works fine. i find it unacceptable with how long this has been out for release that no driver even if it is not MS certified has been published. So far my headset will remain nothing more than a £110 paper weight until a driver is released

I have the Corsair Vengeance 2000 and just installed Windows 8.1. The headset did not work at all, until I uninstalled the Realtek Audio drivers. Now I at least have sound, but no surround sound.

@Corsair: Can you give us a release date on the new drivers for Windows 8.1? Is this a mater of weeks, month or years / never?

I have completely uninstalled the corsair headset software and the headset works in stereo mode (2.0) but its better than it not working at all until a official release / beta is done. im now happy it works once again:biggrin:

I know Windows 8.1 Preview wasn't a full/stable release and Corsair had no obligation to fully support it. I understand and respect that. The companies that support my GPU/Keyboard/Mouse/standalone speakers etc. all had beta drivers for 8.1 Preview and now all have full release drivers for Windows 8.1 since it's official release this past week. The only thing I can't use properly are my Vengeance 1500s. I'm going back to Creative. Even their driver support is better than this...

I find it laughable that it took 2 days post release to get a comment that incidentally is still not an apology. I find it laughable that the answer to this is to tell us just to use stereo mode and Microsoft default drivers until they can resolve it.

I paid for 7.1 audio, I already owned 2.0 audio capable headsets and speakers and could have saved myself some money if that was all I wanted or needed.

Windows 8.1 was not some surprise update that they had no idea was coming and while I understand the certification process may take a while many others managed to get their drivers ready in time for release.

At the very least give us access to the beta drivers so that we can still make use of our headsets the way they are meant to be used.

I know Windows 8.1 Preview wasn't a full/stable release and Corsair had no obligation to fully support it. I understand and respect that. The companies that support my GPU/Keyboard/Mouse/standalone speakers etc. all had beta drivers for 8.1 Preview and now all have full release drivers for Windows 8.1 since it's official release this past week. The only thing I can't use properly are my Vengeance 1500s. I'm going back to Creative. Even their driver support is better than this...

Corsair, forgive my previous outburst. I got my 1500 working flawlessly in Windows 8.1. I completely uninstalled the drivers/software and reverted back to version 1.1 driver without using the 2.0.16 package.

If anybody wishes to try it: Run the 1.1 driver in Windows 7 compatibility mode and (very important) as administrator. Install as normal.

I am sorry I raged on this forum (it's not like me) but to be fair, even though I now have a fully working headset again, I still think we should have full release Win 8.1 drivers from Corsair at this stage.

Corsair, forgive my previous outburst. I got my 1500 working flawlessly in Windows 8.1. I completely uninstalled the drivers/software and reverted back to version 1.1 driver without using the 2.0.16 package.

If anybody wishes to try it: Run the 1.1 driver in Windows 7 compatibility mode and (very important) as administrator. Install as normal.

I am sorry I raged on this forum (it's not like me) but to be fair, even though I now have a fully working headset again, I still think we should have full release Win 8.1 drivers from Corsair at this stage.

I am going to try this "FIX" now myself.

Its annoying that CORSAIR did not publish this themselves when Windows 8.1 was released in full last week.

I am using the Corsair 1500 which is on the market here in the UK (I purchased mine 2 weeks ago). Technically it could be a breach of the unfair trading regulations if Corsair don't ensure they sell products that work as advertised.

I have massive respect for Corsair and have purchased their products extensively this year for my new build ('000s of £ )

Case, PSU and memory. Plus this headset which only was purchased because of their reputation.

But they need to ensure they keep up to date on the drivers and software. Especially on a major OS update.

Will try the "fix" administrator run above now and revert if it doesn't work.

No. That attempt did not work using v1.1 driver and compatibility.

I currently now have no sound on my headset having tried to revert back having un-installed and reinstalled v1.1.1 other than system sounds.

My browser and other programmes will not play any sounds.

So come on Corsair.

Alot of people are waiting on this or they have useless Corsair 1500 and 2000 headsets.

Installing 1.1 is not a fix far from it, the sound quality is horrible some echoing mess that is clearly just 2.0 converted into simulated surround. I would rather listen on my desktop speakers than use that.

I cant believe that here we are so long after 8.1 was announced and then eventually went final and there isnt even a beta driver available as temporary fix.

Can't afford an other deception on the next patchs for a 150€ Headset, not worth my time and money, nope.jpg.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/057/035/NOPE.jpg

Even if the Patch is released, I'm still going back to SteelSeries, sorry Corsair, I'm not blaming the dev. team or Guru here, but there is a big management problem over there that make the team look like incompetent worker taking their customer for fools.

Good headset>Drivers can't follow new OS's.

I will come back in a few years to check if they changed, otherwise, farewell...

Kind Regards.

Corsair,

I really like your products. You make a solid line of gaming hardware and is why I continue to dish out my hard earned cash towards purchasing such long lasting, durable, high quality hardware.

Your software development however, is a joke. You need to hire some people that keep up with such times. When I first bought the Vengeance 2000's the C-media driver that was offered (off of your website) was so crappy, it was better to use the default windows 7 driver which also supported virtual 7.1 surround at a superior sound quality. When the 2.0.7 Dolby digital drivers were released, I was so happy as this added such a great aspect to my gaming experience, ESPECIALLY Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4.

Now here's some news for you that you probably don't know. Windows 8.1 is the future for gaming rigs. Why? because future games (such as Battlefield 4) are optimized for Windows 8.1 due to the full support of DX 11.1 and 11.2 which Windows 7 does not fully support. And, Battlefield 4 has been PROVEN to run smoother on Windows 8.1 compared to Windows 7, even on old systems like mine.

I made the switch to Windows 8.1 for Battlefield 4 not knowing your Dolby driers do not work. Now, I am stuck with a default stereo mode driver by windows.

Corsair, you need to step up your game with software development. You have too much competition out there, and it would be a shame that you would become the laughing stock of drivers for gaming software - especially sound.

Please up your game. I'll be waiting patiently for your windows 8.1 Dolby driver.

• 2 weeks later...

I created an account just to contribute to this discussion as I am pretty shocked and disappointed with the lack of 8.1 driver for Corsair headphones.

The continued absence of a driver has forced me not to buy any more Corsair products. I am disappointed because majority of peripheral and software engineers have released drivers prior to the release of Windows 8.1; for example, Nvidia released drivers prior to the 8.1 update. I don't understand why Corsair product managers have not scheduled a driver in time with the release date.

I decided to sell my Corsair headphones (to someone who uses Win7) and then I bought a new Razor headphone set and they work perfectly in windows 8.1 :D Problem solved!

Hola

Soy de Peru, igual que todos ustedes tengo estos audifonos que funcionaban muy bien con windows 8 :biggrin:, pero como es posible con la actualizacion tan cercana al 8.1 :bigeyes: no puedan funcionar perfectamente estos audifonos? :confused:, por favor, ya me estoy animando a venderlos y solucionar mi problema como el compañero pezza, al menos señores de corsair deben darnos una fecha en la cual soltaran la descarga de los controladores para estos audifonos :mad:, lo mas pronto!! respondan

Archived