Corsair Community

Corsair Link Software Update Version 2.3.4948 -Whats fixed/Whats not

wytnyt

I lost more storage drive temps on this latest beta too... lol...

i also got the annoying hdd activity light every 3 seconds again. this was resolved in the last version of link software, but i guess they somehow reintroduced it again.

edit: nvm... it's somehow gone after a few reboots :confused::confused::confused:

ok after a few more power cycles and reboots

i got 2 of 4 of my hdd temps back, and the corsair ssd temp

then after yet another few more power cycles and reboots, now all 3 of those sensors read 0 in link software... whats up with that...

then there's the issue of the fan and led profiles not loading correctly on boot SOMETIMES, it's like half the times it works, and half the times it doesn't.

@bommie

Try a older version e.g. 2.2.0 if the L.E.D.s still don't work and the H80i is less than 30 days old, contact your seller and ask if they can replace it for you. If not, request an RMA to replace it.

well doesnt matter, if still it cools my i7, i dont care :laughing:

ok after a few more power cycles and reboots

i got 2 of 4 of my hdd temps back, and the corsair ssd temp

then after yet another few more power cycles and reboots, now all 3 of those sensors read 0 in link software... whats up with that...

then there's the issue of the fan and led profiles not loading correctly on boot SOMETIMES, it's like half the times it works, and half the times it doesn't.

I am starting to notice that the first time I open Corsair Link, the LEDs connected to the lighting node do not respond to temperature changes. But after I close Corsair Link and rerun it, they do respond to temp changes.

The LED on my H100i seems to respond to temp changes much more consistently (I am going to start paying closer attention to the H100i LED to see if it responds to temp changes 100 percent of the time).

I am starting to notice that the first time I open Corsair Link, the LEDs connected to the lighting node do not respond to temperature changes. But after I close Corsair Link and rerun it, they do respond to temp changes.

The LED on my H100i seems to respond to temp changes much more consistently (I am going to start paying closer attention to the H100i LED to see if it responds to temp changes 100 percent of the time).

i have noticed it takes about a minute to fully read everything and then calm down,try waiting that long and see if it works ok.

i have noticed it takes about a minute to fully read everything and then calm down,try waiting that long and see if it works ok.

I waited five minutes, and the LEDs connected to the lighting node don't respond until I stop the program and restart it.

On an unrelated note, this new version of the software no longer reads the drive temp for my Western Digital Green hard drive.

One step forward, one (or two) steps back....

unfortunately with this type of software when you change one area i think it affects others in the process.using the old s/w i had 10 out of 12 drives showing,this one i only had 2.of course i think this was a led update since it was a larger issue.

Anyone else notice that the beta cpu usage is higher than 2.3.4816. On my system it uses 34% of one of my cores all the time so my cpu never throttles down. Didn't notice it until i saw my idle temps rise since I installed the beta software. I even uninstalled the beta and reinstalled 2.3.4816 to verify and I could defiantly see the difference. Are you guys seeing this as well or is it just my rig.

I uninstalled Corsair Link and reinstalled it as an administrator. This did not fix the problem.

I then tried running Corsair Link as an administrator. I initially thought this made a difference and did not require the program to be run, stopped, and then run again. But alas, that only lasted for one day (yesterday). Today, it is back to having to be run, stopped, then run again.

Is anyone else having this issue?

yeah the same happens with the official version but that's not the case for me when I installed the beta

only problem i had with the beta was the hard drive reconition and since thats more important than led's i went back to the prior software.

I waited five minutes, and the LEDs connected to the lighting node don't respond until I stop the program and restart it.

On an unrelated note, this new version of the software no longer reads the drive temp for my Western Digital Green hard drive.

One step forward, one (or two) steps back....

I uninstalled Corsair Link and reinstalled it as an administrator. This did not fix the problem.

I then tried running Corsair Link as an administrator. I initially thought this made a difference and did not require the program to be run, stopped, and then run again. But alas, that only lasted for one day (yesterday). Today, it is back to having to be run, stopped, then run again.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Well, this is strange. Things seem to be functioning fine with the LEDs now. I only have to open Corsair Link once, and they respond to temperature changes. So all of a sudden, things are ok. That is very odd; I haven't made any changes to the computer except for downloading some Windows 8 updates.

Oh, and on another note, for a while, I recently had a temperature being displayed for my WD Green hard drive, but now that is gone again, and the temp reads 0.0.

Edit: WD Green hard drive temp is back. Not sure what is going on with this.

Well, this is strange. Things seem to be functioning fine with the LEDs now. I only have to open Corsair Link once, and they respond to temperature changes. So all of a sudden, things are ok. That is very odd; I haven't made any changes to the computer except for downloading some Windows 8 updates.

Oh, and on another note, for a while, I recently had a temperature being displayed for my WD Green hard drive, but now that is gone again, and the temp reads 0.0.

sometimes things are hard to explain but its good its now working

try making another profile and see if it retains it.

it may have needed one of the updates,win7 is constantly fixing bugs. and im sure win8 will do so even more..

Archived