Corsair Community

I love Corsair products but...

Striken

• Corsair Employee
Custom keycaps for Cherry MX switches will work on our keyboard. If you're worried about dimensions of certain keys, there are actually specifications for the keys (our design for keycaps is not proprietary) and you can work with the manufacturer of your keycaps to ensure both the font and the size matches up.

Custom keycaps for Cherry MX switches will work on our keyboard. If you're worried about dimensions of certain keys, there are actually specifications for the keys (our design for keycaps is not proprietary) and you can work with the manufacturer of your keycaps to ensure both the font and the size matches up.

Thanks RG,

That's what I was hoping for.

Is it possible for you to get me in contact with the manufacture or contact you directly by email, so I can order a set of keys for the K70 Keyboard?

Just the keys with letters and symbols and the numbers on top where you also have the symbols, all the others are the same.

The keyboard as to be the EU International (the one with the inverted L Enter).

I need to order the keyboard from Corsair website as this new one didn't arrive to the stores.

This is the Portuguese layout [PT], the key configuration and size are the same as the [EU] International:

http://imageshack.us/a/img20/6500/portugueseportugalpt.png

Thanks again for the support,

Cheers,

J

Oh, that's the layout? I was worried it would be something like this (note the enter button):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4d/KBD-DZ-noshift-2009.png/420px-KBD-DZ-noshift-2009.png

As I haven't seen a Corsair keyboard like that. In that case, all you have to do is order pretty much any European Corsair K60, or K70 (bear in mind you won't get backlit keys if you order custom keycaps, as no-one makes transparent caps that I know of) and get a Portuguese set from WASD Keyboards.

Oh, that's the layout? I was worried it would be something like this (note the enter button):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4d/KBD-DZ-noshift-2009.png/420px-KBD-DZ-noshift-2009.png

As I haven't seen a Corsair keyboard like that. In that case, all you have to do is order pretty much any European Corsair K60, or K70 (bear in mind you won't get backlit keys if you order custom keycaps, as no-one makes transparent caps that I know of) and get a Portuguese set from WASD Keyboards.

lol :D:

Portugal is in Europe, next to Spain, that's an Arab keyboard or something like that.

I understand what you mean by that Enter key. In fact I should have told that the one I want has an L up side down and not inverted like that as. :roll:

There is a possibility of the transparent cap keys if Ram Guy can can point me in the right direction.

I know Portugal is in Europe, I am too. ;):

I was just using that keyboard as an example for the enter button, I'm well aware it's not Portuguese. I meant that you should get any Euro keyboard with the "L" enter, vs. getting a US or Canadian one with the ANSI style button.

As far as I know, RAM GUY never said he'd help, just that key caps were all built to spec, so whoever you order from could help you out. If you find anyone that will do transparent-based caps, please post back though.

Hi RG,

That's the reply I had from WASD Keys:

We do not try to match layouts from other manufacturers as we do not know the exact fonts, sizes, etc. Also the margins would be specific as well. It is too time consuming to figure all these out for small orders.

About transparent key caps answer:

Our keys do not allow light to pass through the legends. Those keys are made through a different process. Thank you.

This was after I send an image with your keyboard so they can see the Key font you use.

Can you show me another key supplier that can met your specifications?

Thanks,

I know Portugal is in Europe, I am too. ;):

I was just using that keyboard as an example for the enter button, I'm well aware it's not Portuguese. I meant that you should get any Euro keyboard with the "L" enter, vs. getting a US or Canadian one with the ANSI style button.

As far as I know, RAM GUY never said he'd help, just that key caps were all built to spec, so whoever you order from could help you out. If you find anyone that will do transparent-based caps, please post back though.

Yes, I understood that the confusion was just about that L Enter key. :roll:

Regarding the WASD supplier, see the email they sent.

Hopefully RAM GUY can add some light on this issue.

Any other person probably just gave up at this point of trying to have a Corsair keyboard :(:

I doubt you'll find one. Maybe keycapsdirect.com. But I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Thanks mate, good help. Already sent an email.

The font is “Century Gothic” san serif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_Gothic) to be precise.

We do have pictures of people who have ordered from WASD before posted in this forum. Here is an example of what the keys look like: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=103688

Thanks, I sent an email to keycapsdirect.com they make transparent key caps so I can use it in K70 keyboard.

I'm just waiting for the reply.

Inform you soon.

The font is “Century Gothic” san serif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_Gothic) to be precise.

We do have pictures of people who have ordered from WASD before posted in this forum. Here is an example of what the keys look like: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=103688

Hi Ram Guy,

Reply from Signature Plastics:

Joao-

The keycaps that best match your original keycaps in size and shape are our DCS family keycaps. Unfortunately we are unable to provide black keycaps with translucent lettering in this family of keys. Sorry

Can you tell me where can I order keys with transparent letters to use in your keyboard? Doesn't make much sense order a keyboard with backlight and not having transparent key caps. :(:

If I didn't had the problem with Corsair not having Portuguese layout keyboards there was no problem.

Thanks

Hi RG,

Is there any way of getting the keys with transparent letters so I can buy your K70 keyboard and replace it to Portuguese layout?

Can Corsair order directly from your supplier and sell it to me with the keyboard?

I would really like to hear something about it.

Thanks

Corsair aren't going to contact their supplier for you, to help you with a single order. Even if, by some miracle, they set something up, you won't be paying the standard price. A custom set will be a lot more.

Of course mate,

I'm well aware that if they do something the price wont be the same.

Anyway, at the end I just like to know where can I purchase transparent key caps, because Ram Guy told that it's not proprietary but I cannot find any supplier that sells this kind of keys.

And that's my main question.

Corsair may facilitate this issue or not, I just like to have some reply, (positive or not).

• Corsair Employee
Sorry, I only check this forum once per day so I didn't see your reply until now. Unfortunately, I don't have a source available that can provide the transparent keys and our supplier doesn't work in the way you imagine, which is one of the reasons why we don't offer custom key caps.. There should be some options available though, and as the popularity of our keyboards increase, I imagine more options will be available as a result.

Sorry, I only check this forum once per day so I didn't see your reply until now. Unfortunately, I don't have a source available that can provide the transparent keys and our supplier doesn't work in the way you imagine, which is one of the reasons why we don't offer custom key caps.. There should be some options available though, and as the popularity of our keyboards increase, I imagine more options will be available as a result.

Thanks for the reply RG.

I'll see what I can find :roll:

Cheers,

Archived