Corsair Community

RMA #5635361 question about "chirping" HX650 PSU

morque

Hi,

I had a few questions regarding my RMA, I don't mean to be pushy but I haven't received a response today and just want to make sure it hasn't fallen off the radar:

1) Since the address to return the power supply is in Hayward, CA, it is conveniently located to me. Would it be accepted if I were to simply hand deliver it to the address listed above? (the 2252 W. Winton Ave Hayward, CA address)

2) Where is the replacement power supply going to be shipped from? I am very concerned about down-time for my computer. If I am going to have to wait a few days for the power supply replacement to ship, the computer will be sitting unusable during that time. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to pick it up instead (assuming it is shipping from somewhere in Northern CA)

3)There are a lot of reviews online (and posts in this forum) that complain about this "chirping" issue specifically in the HX650 model. It sounds to me like there might be some sort of design flaw specific to the HX650. Has this issue been solved? What should I do if the replacement HX650 that I am given suffers from the same problem?

Thanks for your help!

• Corsair Employee

Please call our customer service by phone and ask if they can arrange a Will Call on your RMA so you can drop that unit off and pick up the replacement.

The number is listed under contact on the main site.

And I have requested the unit be replaced with an CMPSU-750HX

Archived