Corsair Community

K90 broken after firmware 1.19 update

killerfabivs

I have received my K90 today, and when i plugged it in, it was absolutely perfect, with everything working even without the software. I downloaded the software then and the firmware update was required, well, i flashed the thing, it was successful, BUT, in the exact moment when the flashing completed, the lights turned off and the keyboard was downgraded to a plain standard keyboard: media keys, g keys, backlight, no such things work anymore. Now, i checked the forums for solutions and i did find something but nothing worked for me, i tried plugging it in different ports, tried even with usb3, but sometimes the keyboard doesn't even work at all! Plugged into two different other Pcs, still nothing, works as a plain normal keyboard and wasn't able to solve anything, now the keyboard is recognized as a standard keyboard so i can't try to flash it again, and the software doesn't interact with it, at this point i think that the flash memory of the keyboard just got toasted by your beautiful updates, corsair. Is there any way to solve this beside RMA?

Yea I have already tried that and it doesn't work, I think it just got bricked by the update. I am wondering now, how many people actually experienced this? And if it is necessary to update the firmware to use the keyboard with the software, because if it isn't I would suggest avoiding it.

• Corsair Employee
@Killer: We can replace the keyboard for you and if you would like me to do so, you can request customer customer to have me update the firmware for you before we ship it out. Go ahead and submit a RMA request to the left and give me your case number so I can approve it.

Archived