Corsair Community

Two brand new AX860s, both making noise

shawnoen

• Corsair Employee
Yes we have identified the issue and once I have a solution available I will advise you all what to do. Or please use the link on the left and request and RMA and let me know the case number I will see you get another unit that does not have that issue.

Yes we have identified the issue and once I have a solution available I will advise you all what to do. Or please use the link on the left and request and RMA and let me know the case number I will see you get another unit that does not have that issue.

Hey RAM Guy, I appreciate the help but I haven't shipped the original back yet as I've been super busy when UPS and USPS has been open. I am just going to ship you back the advance rma unit I received and return the original unit to newegg. I am still interested in what the problem was however.

Same here with my AX 860 but the frequency is higher and I here it first after 20-30 min. When computer of, the sound gonna away.

Correct myself. Investigated the matter and believe that it is my Nvidia GTX 590 that sounds. Not PSU Corsair AX860. Why after changing from Corsair HX620? No idea, but I'm convinced that the sound is coming from the graphics card ore Corsair SP120 with my H80i cooler. Not PSU.

Nope - it wasn't the Nvidia card. PSU Corsair AX860 ore Corsair H80i cooler?

Today the sound is permanently. I hear it all the time 24 ours. More when I sitting with my computer, less in another room but always there. I dont now for sure, but its starts when I bought the H80i with original+SP120 and AX860. Firs only in same room with my computer, now all the time.

• Corsair Employee
Where do you have the SP120 fans connected? If they are connected to the pump of your H80i, try to connect them directly to the MB and see if that make any changes... if its indeed from the PSU, then please request an RMA and let us get that unit replaced for you.

No answer on my RMA on AX860i yet but I isolated the PCU with two noiskiller-plate from my Fractal Design chassis and the noisy is a little bit lower but still anointing. But I think I can stand it now?

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb353/stormense/2013-02-08145246_zps7889dc51.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I guess issue hasnt even been addressed yet? More and more people complain and even after several RMAs their response is "must be something wrong with your system"????

FIX THE PROBLEM.

Loose windings inside the transformer is the source of the noise.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived