Corsair Community

H100i Not reporting in Link

surfnet

mine still not working after (H100i replaced with new one) it works with the USB cable provided, installed the new Dashboard and also updated the firmware of the H100i, once updated i remove the USB cable and connected the digital link cable and rebooted, and no joy, commander cant see it

• 3 weeks later...

I know this thread is a little old, but it looks like there was never a firm response from Corsair, and I wanted to share what I have found in my research thus far.

The H100i and H80i do not appear to be compatible with the Corsair LINK Commander unit. The LINK connector is for attaching a Corsair LINK node to your H100i or H80i.

For example, if you have an AX1200i and an H100i, you could connect the AX1200i directly to the H100i and forego the provided USB dongle provided with the AX1200i.

Essentially, the LINK port on the H100i is a "master" port, not a slave port.

I can't speak to the compatibility of the H100i being connected at the same time as a LINK Commander, but since the H100i acts as a commander in a way, I would assume they cannot be used together.

Source: http://www.corsair.com/us/blog/introducing-the-new-hydro-series-h80i-and-h100i-liquid-cpu-coolers

NOTE: This conclusion is based off of reading the few documents available from corsair and their press release for these new coolers. I do not own and cannot verify my conclusions.

I know this thread is a little old, but it looks like there was never a firm response from Corsair, and I wanted to share what I have found in my research thus far.

The H100i and H80i do not appear to be compatible with the Corsair LINK Commander unit. The LINK connector is for attaching a Corsair LINK node to your H100i or H80i.

For example, if you have an AX1200i and an H100i, you could connect the AX1200i directly to the H100i and forego the provided USB dongle provided with the AX1200i.

I can't speak to the compatibility of the H100i being connected at the same time as a LINK Commander, but since the H100i acts as a commander in a way, I would assume they cannot be used together.

Source: http://www.corsair.com/us/blog/introducing-the-new-hydro-series-h80i-and-h100i-liquid-cpu-coolers

NOTE: This conclusion is based off of reading the few documents available from corsair and their press release for these new coolers. I do not own and cannot verify my conclusions.

Since I just purchased a Link Cooling and Lighting Kit, it would be nice if I could just plug my AX1200i and my future H100i (if the problems with it ever get solved) into the commander unit. It seems strange that the H100i won't simply plug into the main commander unit and function correctly.

• 10 months later...

not sure i can agree as i have a h80i and 2 h100i working with link commanders thats running each 2 cooling nodes.

Archived