Corsair Community

AX1200 smoke, welded/melted PCIe connectors

BorisTheSpider

Yes please follow the directions that were sent to you, and even though the mail may have came from Ram Guy; it was not from me personally.

But they should have sent a request to our customer service to send you a shipping label so we can inspect the hardware.

Thanks, yes - they sent me that.

I replied at 4am your time today, obviously before the start of your business day, asking a question, and once again I have still had no reply by close of business. I wonder if anyone even reads these emails, or if they go straight in the bin.

I asked, if Corsair, having inspected the motherboard, do not accept that your PSU caused the damage, can you confirm that there will be no problem with getting my motherboard shipped back to me so I can RMA it to Asus.

Please can you confirm that won't be a problem, as until you do I'm not keen on shipping it to you. Obviously I'd rather get this all resolved as soon as possible, so as soon as you are able to confirm that, I will arrange a collection.

• Corsair Employee

BorisTheSpider,

I am sorry but the person who handles Damage Claims from the Tech support side is out sick today but I have asked our customer service to check on this for you and contact you with an update ASAP....

Just to be clear you are waiting on the Shipping label so you can send the parts to us is that correct?

And what was the case or RMA# that was assigned to you?

BorisTheSpider,

I am sorry but the person who handles Damage Claims from the Tech support side is out sick today but I have asked our customer service to check on this for you and contact you with an update ASAP....

Just to be clear you are waiting on the Shipping label so you can send the parts to us is that correct?

And what was the case or RMA# that was assigned to you?

Hi,

No, I am not awaiting any labels - I have them.

I need confirmation before I ship my broken motherboard to you, that if you inspect it and say that the PSU did not cause the damage, there will be no problem getting the motherboard shipped back to me so I can RMA it to Asus.

Please confirm that will be the case, then I will ship the PSU and motherboard to you.

I have asked one of the managers on my team to call you and answer your questions. ASAP

Thanks,

I have just received a call.

I was advised that for the initial inspection, it would not be necessary to send in the motherboard.

The original shipping labels and documents I received mentioned both the motherboard and PSU, and I believed you needed to inspect them both to determine the cause of the failure and assess the damage claim.

For now, based on the advice given in the call I just received, I am going to send in only the PSU.

Please let me know ASAP through the forum, before I ship the PSU, if this is wrong and I should be shipping both. I will ship them tomorrow morning (it's late evening here now).

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is fun. Customer service have no record of the PSU arriving at Corsair even though the UPS record shows it was delivered over a week ago.

I was also asked, by your customer service representative;

"Can you please provide us with the tracking # and the carrier you used to send back the product. According to our system we are still awaiting for the return."

You sent me the shipping label to return it.

I then replied via email yesterday, before you opened, doing your job for you by checking the UPS record to find it was delivered to you on 09/18/2012 at 9:22 A.M, I also sent you the UPS tracking code (from the label you originally sent me) and have since been ignored again.

• Corsair Employee

BorisTheSpider,

An email was sent to you on the 7th and returned email address unknown on your case.

And another email was resent yesterday and it to looks like it bounced back as well.

Are you sure the email address you provided is valid? In the mean time I have asked them to call you by phone and ask you for another email address. Or you should call our Tech support and ask for Damage Claims the number is listed under contact on the main web site.

And UPS is not owned by us they are separate company and even though an item may have been shipped to us it may not be processed and received in our system that is why they asked you for the tracking number so they can track the shipment and for the order in the system. Unfortunately we are not a small company and the shipping and receiving is in another location. It is not possible for one person to go and check on something and I am sorry for the confusion or time it has taken.

EDIT:

In addition I have our IT looking into the emails that bounced back to see if it was something on our side that may have blocked the email going back to you. And I am sorry but I did just scream a several people to get this resolved ASAP, so please use the labels you were given to send back the hardware and I have asked our customer service to get the claim processed ASAP as well. If they did not send you a label for the other hardware please let our customer service know when the call you and they will get them for you..

• 1 month later...

how was this sorted out?

couple of things i am interested to hear:

- was the PSU at fault? (I assume so given the description but would like to hear the tech results once the PSU was examined)

- was the mobo fried and was a refund/compensation issued for it? (just curious)

how was this sorted out?

couple of things i am interested to hear:

- was the PSU at fault? (I assume so given the description but would like to hear the tech results once the PSU was examined)

- was the mobo fried and was a refund/compensation issued for it? (just curious)

The PSU was at fault, Corsair acknowledged this and offered me compensation. Initially, they sent me their form with reduced compensation figures, which I disputed - I returned the form modified to the effect that I did not accept a limitation of their liability and did not agree to receive less than full compensation.

Fortunately, it turned out that the only other damaged component was the fried motherboard, and Corsair made me an increased offer of compensation which I accepted since it covered most of the cost of replacing the motherboard (it's available now for less than I paid originally), I also received a replacement AX1200.

When you count in the fact that the claim took a long time, and that I had to replace the motherboard and PSU myself during the process in order not to be without a PC for weeks, it actually ended up costing me quite a lot of money.

It took around 7 weeks from the failure, until the compensation was received.

Archived