Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 - Loopback HW ?

MoMotte

• Corsair Employee

The loopback is briefly described here: http://www.corsair.com/en/support/faq/audio/

And it can't be disabled because its inherent with wireless headsets. However, the static you're mentioning may be indicative of something else. Have you tried the headset on a different machine to see if it makes a difference?

Then why not use the drivers to remove the loop back? Isn't it something similar to taking a sample of the microphone audio and subtracting it from the speaker channels?

To be honest, when I first got the headset the loop-back was obscenely annoying, but I soon got used to it and no longer recognize it.

I sent in a ticket to corsair yesterday before posting here. They replied a few hours ago with "This is an optional feature which is turned off by default. Please make sure this option is already turned off in your recording device setting." Could you please update the help desk's database to include the link you provided me so that there is no confusion between forum and tech support. I have since returned my headset losing 15% of the total cost due to resale devalue. In any case I hope that this information will be printed on the box in future headsets you plan to release with this "feature" always turned on.

Also at the store I purchased the headset from they recommended I check out the whirlpool forums (Australian based) as they were able to get drivers/software to turn this feature off. Maybe it's worth checking out.

Hey, i have had this headset for about a week now and i wonder why my friends and my viewers on my stream can hear a buzz noise when i charge my headset and talk at the same time, same buzz noise if i listen to myself whenever im charging the headset through the usb cable.

Is it possible to reduce the buzzing noise or to totally take it away while it charges cause it is a lot of buzz noise in the background in my mic when i talk whenever i charge my headset its getting a little bit of annoying for my friends and myself atm cause it sounds really awful and people cant really hear what i say...

I've tried different USB ports on my computer, keyboard, monitor, different settings in control panel in sound options, through drivers, through CD, DVD quality, no change.

There is always a buzz noise whenever its connected, is it supposed to be like this? - If not how do i take(/disable) it away?

oh and btw, yeah i hear that annoying sound(loopback) in my ears from the headset whenever i breathe hard or talk loud whenever the mic is close to my mouth aswell.

Thank you for reading.

• Corsair Employee
Do you get this buzz if you use a different charging cable? Do you have a cell phone charger to test with as well? Finally, can you try it on your friend's PC in a different location? I'd like to know the results, especially to the last one, to see if its a possible grounding issue.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I had the same problem. I don't mind the very quiet feedback, but I had a annoyingly loud booming noise whenever my microphone was activated (pulled down). Apparently even my friends could hear it trough Teamspeak.

I figured the problem after going through all kinds of menus and settings; I had my recharging cable connected. The instant I took it off, the booming noise ended, mic on or off. (If it matters at all, the cable was connected to my Logitech G11 USB-slot, and I didn't try other USB-slots if they produce the booming noise)

Sorry if I'm reviving an old thread, but it's the top result in Google for this problem, so I figured I'd post my case.

PS: Now that that's taken care of, I LOVE this headset!

I agree with what people are saying here. The feedback wasn't in my headphone yesterday, I booted up my computer this afternoon after work and its suddenly there.

Its incredibly annoying.

In the drivers there is a 'check microphone' when I click it to on it gives me an echo. Its really really annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

So, the bottom line is that this $150 headset has a "feature" called Loopback. Loopback is apparently "common" among USB Wireless headsets, (which it isn't, I've owned plenty) and for this particular headset and driver, disabling is not an option. Also there is nothing that can be done to even lessen the blow of how much sound is played back.

I've searched high and low through threads and forums, and every single one ends up like this.

Last time I ever buy a product from Corsair. Ridiculous.

• 6 months later...

this buzz, this distortion, this loopback, i know it all too well, spent nearly 30 minutes creating a profile just to reply to this and revive this Thread as this issue is not resolved and/or remedied. I am willing to work cooperatively and interactively to help fix this problem, my first solution applies to the buzzing...

Though it does Buzz it is nowhere near as intense as the previous user mentions and members to my Teamspeak server hardly hear it. My trick to effectively killing audio buzz on nearly anything i put through my computer? Simple, pricey, but simple... THIS power filter will effectively eliminate any static buzz or hiss from your desktop speakers, and greatly reduces the recharging buzz off my USB Hub.

Only problem i encountered with this headset that is not capable of being fixed, is that the Right Earcup broke at the swivel, and learning an RMA was issued to me, well after it expired, i decided looks werent important to me, but strength was, since this headset sounds pretty good, i used 3 Zip Ties, 2 Plastic knives, and some packaging tape, lightweight and effective, holds it together like a pro. Mac Guyver Level 10.

Archived