Corsair Community

K90 USB/Saitek x52 (Don't Play Nice)

remilton

I recieved my K90 Vengence today and I have been thrilled with it in general being and owner of a DECK keyboard with black Cherry MX switches the K90 is all I expected. However...

When I tried to plug my Saitek X52 Flight System into the USB slot on the K90 I ran into an issue. The X52 driver recognized the X52 but the MFD on the X52 remained dark and the joystick did not function. It also seemed to cause other system problems and lastly the computer would not shut down completely until I held the power switch. This is a repeatable problem on my system. I can avoid the issue by plugging the X52 into another USB slot, but I was hoping to free up the USB slot on the front of my computer by plugging into the K90.

Hi, I just plugged my X52 into my K90 and after a few seconds installing drivers it now works fine, the MFD lights up and all the joystick/throttle controls register in the Saitek control panel.

I suspect the USB port your K90 is plugged into isn't supplying enough power for both the keyboard and the joystick. Try it in some other USB ports - on my PC a few of them provide more power than others. Often higher-power ports have a tiny '+' sign in the corner of the USB symbol.

Regards

Nelviticus

Hi, I just plugged my X52 into my K90 and after a few seconds installing drivers it now works fine, the MFD lights up and all the joystick/throttle controls register in the Saitek control panel.

I suspect the USB port your K90 is plugged into isn't supplying enough power for both the keyboard and the joystick. Try it in some other USB ports - on my PC a few of them provide more power than others. Often higher-power ports have a tiny '+' sign in the corner of the USB symbol.

Regards

Nelviticus

Thanks for the feedback. I had the K90 plugged into adjacent ports. Must have been sharing a voltage source because I moved one to a different port and bingo, everything is fine now.

Archived