Corsair Community

BSOD Corsair Force 3 Series 120 GB

Nfunk

Hello I recently just got my SSD from newegg, and after installing windows on the SSD it keeps bsod with the f4 code. My bios is set to AHCI as well. I believe that this is also the newest model too "CSSD-F120GB3A-BK". I'm very sad, since its only the SSD that is having issues and this is my first corsair ssd purchase. Please if there is any information regarding how I can get my SSD to work, because newegg say's I'm not allowed to return it I can only RMA.

Have you tried with another sata cable? I also got f4 bsod with 3 different cables, until i used the one included with my Mb, which i found out were of much better quality, my system became completely stable, and i havent been able to provoke the freeze/bsod since.. If your cable is called "Copartner", then you can surely throw it out the window.. Also try another port on the mb.

Yes I have tried multiple sata cables, I used the one from my MB, from my old build, from my friend and the extra one I have laying around. Either the computer wouldn't boot, or my BSOD ssd came back to me. Makes me very sad :(

So i got the ssd to work, I'm pretty sure the drivers sent with the MB were bad. So I only installed the LAN driver, and let windows update do the rest. So far everything is working (~20hrs), but the SSD is now showing slow speeds, and sometimes my pc freeze for 1-3 or longer seconds.

Archived