Corsair Community

Am I going to be on my 3rd FlashVoyager GT?

NKH

First off, let me say that I'm a huge Corsair fan. The past three PCs I've built both contained Corsair RAM and PSUs. I never even considered buying anything else when I built my i7 2600k machine last year.

In October of last year I purchased a Flash Voyager GT 32GB and by December it decided it was no longer formatted. I chalked it up to BitLocker and started over. I did not encrypt the drive with BitLocker this time around, but within a few days, my drive was completely dead. Blinking blue light, could not partition or format. Corsair RMA'd the drive.

This past week, my replacement Flash Voyager GT 32GB has also decided it was not formatted. :(:

At this point in time I can't trust putting any data back on the drive. I have backups, sure, but what good does a drive I transport with me each day to work do if I don't know if it will die or need to be formatted again in a few days?

I've owned ten or more USB drives over the past few years and none of the others have ever done this to me. My oldest 1GB drive has been through the washing machine and dryer and still worked afterward. I'm reading too many posts and reviews about multiple RMAs and I'm about to be one of them. This is very frustrating.

I'm reading that the defective rate of these drives is .05%. If I were to get two defective units, the probability would be even less! I am not alone in this issue. :confused:

Read the NewEgg Feedback. More 1 Eggs than anything else! In my experience, this feedback doesn't lie. There IS a problem and it needs to be addressed. :!:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233200

On drive #3

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=104631

This guy is on drive #5

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=547221&postcount=10

On drive #3

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=557928&postcount=17

This person would be on their 4th

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=566181&postcount=20

I suppose I'll be submitting my 2nd RMA. I'd love to ask for a downgrade to a USB 2 drive with the same or greater capacity, but I doubt that will happen.

Well, I formatted my drive the same day I made this thread, 3/10/2012. I successfully copied a couple of files to it. The next day using the same laptop, I'm now stuck in blinking blue light of death (BBLD) and in Disk Management, the drive is listed as 'No Media'. Tried several PCs, XP and 7, to no avail.

This is the exact same problem my first drive had. Becomes un-formatted and a few days later its completely gone.

I am a disgruntled customer.

Once I receive my 2nd RMA, I'm tempted to return it somewhere that sells these for another manufacturer's drive.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1029/nomedia.jpg

Buyer Beware!!! These are a great buy if you're in the market for large supossitories! :mad:

I thought I was the only one that has had two of these turds die back to back! I've literally gotten MAYBE 8-10 uses out of them combined. The first one I bought was DOA and the second one now has the same symptoms after using it for a day. I'm seriously disgusted!!! The faulty sticks I can deal with because Corsair is a stand up company and I know I'll get my money back. However, what really pisses me off is the fact that I wasted a good 2hrs of my time researching what I thought was going to be a great all purpose flash drive for the Datacenter. Now it's at the point where I've completely lost trust in this product and honestly I really don't want another to have to worry about. So after I return this one, I'll probably just sell it on ebay and go back to the drawing board. Oh well whatever, thanks for reading my rant I'm now centered again.

Buyer Beware!!! These are a great buy if you're in the market for large supossitories! :mad:

I thought I was the only one that has had two of these turds die back to back! I've literally gotten MAYBE 8-10 uses out of them combined. The first one I bought was DOA and the second one now has the same symptoms after using it for a day. I'm seriously disgusted!!! The faulty sticks I can deal with because Corsair is a stand up company and I know I'll get my money back. However, what really pisses me off is the fact that I wasted a good 2hrs of my time researching what I thought was going to be a great all purpose flash drive for the Datacenter. Now it's at the point where I've completely lost trust in this product and honestly I really don't want another to have to worry about. So after I return this one, I'll probably just sell it on ebay and go back to the drawing board. Oh well whatever, thanks for reading my rant I'm now centered again.

i don't want my RMA'd drive either. i have no use for it because 1 i'm confident it will fail. 2 i've bought a replacement because i can't go 6 weeks without it.

the only reason i've RMA'd it is because i don't want to let corsair get away with it.

my conscience wont allow me to sell it on ebay.

You aren't alone. I'm going to be putting up a NewEgg review if I don't get some sort of response very soon. It won't be pretty.

i don't want my RMA'd drive either. i have no use for it because 1 i'm confident it will fail. 2 i've bought a replacement because i can't go 6 weeks without it.

the only reason i've RMA'd it is because i don't want to let corsair get away with it.

my conscience wont allow me to sell it on ebay.

Good point. I'd not wish this on anyone either. :sigh!:

:confused:

Thank you. Customer Service will contact you shortly with an RMA Number.

:mad:

Archived