Corsair Community

Vengeance M60/65/90/95 and K90 Firmware Issues:

LordLobo

I had this problem and managed to get my keyboard to almost work using tha above, but still i cannot use the @£$ keys, i have a nordic keyboard and thus one use a keyboard kombination to produce these keys (respectevly altgr (right alt] + 2 ,3 or 4) ) but this does not work any more after the bricked flash, everything else does work and other altgr/right alt does also, it is not related to the os/driver because id doesent work in other operatingsystems either. Do any one have any idea what to do? I have already tried a reflash, that doesent solve the problem

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Go to the root folder of the firmware updater>Drivers>select the OS bit>double click dpinst.exe.

Alright, so I got to that part, but the manufacturer is not showing up on the list when i try to browse for the driver software, thus I'm unable to find the driver (even though the dpinst.exe has reported that it was installed).

Alright, so I got to that part, but the manufacturer is not showing up on the list when i try to browse for the driver software, thus I'm unable to find the driver (even though the dpinst.exe has reported that it was installed).

I'm on windows 8 and I'm having the same exact issue. I should have never tried to update my firmware...

Ok, I ignored the fact that I could not find Corsair in my list of Manufacturers. Instead I ran the firmware updater v1.11 again and all the buttons on my M60 started working properly again.

Hope that helps.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my M65 and it glides so smooth. The software does not recognize my mouse so I cannot edit anything. Ive tried uninstalling reinstalling software and firmware in different orders. Ive tried USB2 and 3 ports. I also don't get the 'kbd bood loader' option, it says corsair gaming mouse instead. The method above is a little confusing. I've tried it but have way more options than 2 for hardware drivers.

Anyone fix this problem on their M65?

Software: 1.00.00.10

USB Mouse:

VID: 0x1B1C

PID: 0x1B05

Manufacturer: Corsair

Product: Corsair M65 Mouse

Firmware: NA

Windows: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

If firmware says NA, that is probably this issue right? How do I fix?

Edited by tylerste85

no. i have a k70 keyboard, no software required. ONly M65 software installed atleast i think it is, but it is not working.

In the software, I cannot check or uncheck any boxes and cannot adjust any dpi. Someone please help me.

Edited by tylerste85

This is to those still having issues flashing their K90s.

I think I found a fix, and it's a strange one.

My setup:

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 GAMING

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K (Not overclocked, XMP enabled to achieve 1600mhz ram clock)

Latest non-beta BIOS

Windows 8 Pro (MBR boot method)

I've been wrestling with a sticky key issue, which I heard this firmware was supposed to fix, so I tried to update. So I do the basic preparations: Make sure the keyboard is plugged in an USB 2.0 port, disable USB selective sleep, make sure the driver is installed, and go!

"Failed to flash device! Re-connect the device and try again!"

At this point, I lost all lights, all special keys.

I tried again and again and again with different ports, different firmware versions, never worked.

So, I decided to try something: Windows 8's Compatibility mode. I made sure the drivers were set correctly, set the Compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3/Administrator rights, and fired it up.

It completed successfully!

Not sure why it worked that time, but yeah, it worked for me, go figure.

Thought I'd share.

THE SYMPTOMS:

- K90 plugged in, all 'standard 108' keys work, backlight does not, media keys do not, volume does not, winLock does not and so on

- Going to Start->Devices and Printers shows keyboard as 'KBD BOOT LOADER'

- You're stark raving mad, and are not going to take it anymore!

WARNING NOTES:

- This might wreck a port on your machine where you might want to plug in the k90. By 'wreck' I mean you won't be able to use it for the K90 Keyboard Plug. I recommend using a secondary machine or alternate windows install.

K90 Keyboard

STEPS:

1) Make sure you have the K90's latest software and fimware installers unzipped somewhere.

2) MOST IMPORTANT STEP Go to Start->Control Panel->Power Options->Change Plan Settings->Change Advanced Power Settings->USB Settings->USB selective suspend setting->Disabled

3) Plug your K90 into a DIRECT USB 2.0 PORT on your machine.

4) Go to Start->Devices and Printers.

5) Right-click on KBD BOOT LOADER and select 'Properties'

6) Click on the Hardware tab. You should see 'HID Keyboard Device' and another item (I forgot what it says, but it shouldn't say 'Corsair Gaming Keyboard'). Select the other item, then click 'Properties'

7) Click on the 'Change Settings' button on the first page of the Properties dialog

8) Click on 'Update Driver'

9) Select 'Browse my computer for driver software'

10) Select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'

11) Click 'Have Disk' It might look for your a: drive first (good old windows)

12) In the box 'copy manufacturer's files from put 'C:\Program Files (x86)\corsair\K90 firmware update\Driver\X64'

13) You should be able to select the Corsair driver somehow. When your done Your 'KBD BOOT LOADER' properties should have 'Corsair Gaming Keyboard' and 'HID Keyboard Device'

14) Select the HID Keyboard Device

15) Click 'Change Settings'

16) Click the Driver Tab

17) Click 'Uninstall'. Windows will cry about this. Let it do it's thing

18) Once you 'OK' everything they K90 won't work at all. DON'T PANIC! You should also not see KBD BOOT LOADER in Devices and Printers

19) UNINSTALL K90 EVERYTHING

20) Install the K90 Firmware Updater.

21) When the firmware is installed, start the updater application up and update the keyboard.

22) It should complete at this point. Your keyboard won't light up just now. DON'T PANIC!

23) Unplug the K90 from it's current port. Plug it into another one.

24) Start the Software Installer and let it complete.

25) Keyboard should light up.

M6X/M9X Mouse:

*With the mice on your USB 2.0.

0) Uninstall all drivers from your M60 (if you have it installed);

1) Install Firmware Software Updater (don't execute it yet);

2) Start->Control Panel->Power Options->Change Plan Settings->Change Advanced Power Settings->USB Settings->USB selective suspend setting->Disabled.

3) Right-click on KBD BOOT LOADER and select 'Properties';

4) Click on the Hardware tab. You should see 'HID Keyboard Device' and another item. Select the other item, then click 'Properties'.

7) Click on the 'Change Settings' button on the first page of the Properties dialog;

8) Click on 'Update Driver';

9) Select 'Browse my computer for driver software';

Now here is the thing: Instead of selecting the Drive file inside Corsair's Updater folder, you will uncheck "Show compatible hardware" and select Manufacture: Corsair and then you will see M60 driver;

10) Install the Driver. It will detect your M60;

11) Update your Firmware through Corsair's and now it will detect your mice instead of giving that crazy error;

12) Your mouse may be frozen and even an Exclamation point will appear on Printers and Devices so just click on Fix problem. Windows may fix it by itself;

*If your mouse is still frozen, try restarting your computer and change it to another USB Port.

Your mouse should be fixed now.

not working on my k90, i will start a rage...

i will never ever buy again corsait, i trusted too much this brand... just got a m65 yesterday, first issue? macros don't work...

• 3 weeks later...

I changed the steps for those with a M6X/M9X Mouse that do not see the KBD BOOT LOADER in the device manager:

*With the mice on your USB 2.0.

0) Uninstall all drivers from your M60 (if you have it installed);

1) Install Firmware Software Updater (don't execute it yet);

2) Start->Control Panel->Power Options->Change Plan Settings->Change Advanced Power Settings->USB Settings->USB selective suspend setting->Disabled.

3) Find the correct device under Human Interface Devices in the Device Manager.

(check with properties, tab Details, and select Hardware Ids in the pull down)

The Value of the correct device will start with the lines below for each corresponding mouse.

For M60: USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B30

For M90: USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B31

4) Now click on the Driver tab button of the Properties dialog;

5) Click on 'Update Driver';

6) Select 'Browse my computer for driver software';

Now here is the thing: Instead of selecting the Drive file inside Corsair's Updater folder, you will uncheck "Show compatible hardware" and select Manufacture: Corsair and then you will see M60 driver;

7) Install the Driver. It will detect your M60;

8) Update your Firmware through Corsair's and now it will detect your mice instead of giving that crazy error;

9) Your mouse may be frozen and even an Exclamation point will appear on Printers and Devices so just click on Fix problem. Windows may fix it by itself;

*If your mouse is still frozen, try restarting your computer and change it to another USB Port.

I have both the M90 and M60 and they got the same firmware update issue, above steps fixed it for me.

Gah! That was the most painful keyboard installation I've ever suffered (on the K50A in my case) --- and that was after a major problem with my motherboard firmware update losing my SATA settings.

I got it working by following the steps to the point where I got the corsair driver working but didn't touch the HID drive I just went on to try running the firmware updater. After that it corrects itself when re-seated.

Fine keyboard, Corsair. More QA time on the firmware next time..

Mk

My mouse was working on software playback but not in the game. I tried making macros on hardware playback, but it froze. Now Windows doesn't detect the mouse at all. I tried the first method and it said it determined the driver is up to date so it doesn't need to install the new driver and no way to bypass that. Tried this one from a week ago but it doesn't detect m90 as USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B31; it detects it as HID\VID_1B1C&PID_1B31&REV_0301 and it doesn't let me update driver.

Only the first and second mouse buttons are working and the top and bottom profile lights are on.