Corsair Community

H80 Pump noise!

Mattias90

My h80 makes a distinct noise that sounds like a bad bearings. When i tap the pump the noise stops and a moment later it come back.

The noise is quite loud and irritating, i can hear it in my hole room when the chassie is standing up but when i tilt the chassie the noise is still there but it is not as loud but i can still hear it some meters away.

The unit itself is brand new and i have been using it for 2 days (~30h)

Right now im trying too fix any possible air pockets in the system by getting the rad above the pump.

What is making this noise anyway? is it the bearings in the pump or what can cause this noise?

I found a video that seams to have the same problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ_TlapEdNM

it is trapped air you can flick the tubes and it can go away or even lay the case flat for 2 hours as well as that can help, my first h80 developed that fault after 2 weeks i ended up swapping it.

the case have been laying flat for 24h+ now and it keeps giving that sound. to get the sound to stop i really need to hit it quite hard to get it to stopp.

it cools well but i keep thinking that the pump will fail and fry the cpu since i have it oc. i have tapped the tubes so that any air bubbles will get to the radiator but the noise can start some hours later.

And as soon i tilt the chassie while computer still running the noise starts.

ill wait until tomorrow and see if there is any differences.

the noise is bugging me like hell since its getting through my headset while playing or listening to music.

the case have been laying flat for 24h+ now and it keeps giving that sound. to get the sound to stop i really need to hit it quite hard to get it to stopp.

it cools well but i keep thinking that the pump will fail and fry the cpu since i have it oc. i have tapped the tubes so that any air bubbles will get to the radiator but the noise can start some hours later.

And as soon i tilt the chassie while computer still running the noise starts.

ill wait until tomorrow and see if there is any differences.

the noise is bugging me like hell since its getting through my headset while playing or listening to music.

i would RMA the unit mate, your getting interference due to the motor i no what you mean i am a bit of an audiophile me self.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived