Corsair Community

Power AX750W off more than some parts of the PC

infostradadcf

Sorry for my English (thanks Google)

PSU AX750 don’t turn off some parts of the PC.

Please note: From 29/09/2011 (day of the assemblage the PC) to 20/11/2011, the PSU worked perfectly. The day 20/11, after turning off the PC, I was found that some parts still remain in operation, namely all the fans and the lights of the case, parts directly connected to the power supply, together with the video card fan, which is activated at full speed (while the motherboard was turned off). To shut down the PC, requires action on the switch behind the power supply. Switch before turning on the supply of case and then, you turn the PC normally, but every time I turn off my PC from the same problem. When I switch on the button of the power supply other brand, everything worked perfectly. To test the Corsair AX750 has been installed on 2 other PCs with different configurations of one to work well, while on the fans and not put out the lights of the case. From other tests I found out: after turning off the PC, all the connectors, there is always electricity (measured with digital tester). Therefore, I believe I'll have to ask RMA. About RMA reading on various forums, I discovered that I have to send Italy to the Netherlands, my PSU at my expenses ?. Confirm this. I can not find just that after spending € 150 for a PSU Professional, Gold, 7-year warranty, etc.., I have to spend another 50 € for shipping courier to send you PSU failure. Why do I need to spend more money, in order to have fully functional PSU, as it should be, because the problem and your not sufficiently tested your products. Sure can happen that some product failures, but with other brands that I've had to do for products such failures (Asus, Apple, Samsung, Philips), I have not had to pay something in order to have a fully functional product that I purchased. Thank you.

Setting up my PC :

Power Supply Corsair AX750, Case Corsair Graphite 600T white, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 rev.1.0, Processor i7 2600K , Memory Corsair Vengeance LP 16 GB DDR3-1600, Video Card Gigabyte HD6950 2048MB , HD 2TB WD2002FAEX SATA3)

Hate to tell you this but there are other folks with that motherboard that are having problems getting their systems to shut down, with all different brands of power supplies. Just updating the BIOS doesn't fix it either. I'd be thinking about RMAing the motherboard first. Read the feedback section for the board over at Newegg.com:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-128-507&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=3#scrollFullInfo

Hate to tell you this but there are other folks with that motherboard that are having problems getting their systems to shut down, with all different brands of power supplies. Just updating the BIOS doesn't fix it either. I'd be thinking about RMAing the motherboard first. Read the feedback section for the board over at Newegg.com:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-128-507&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=3#scrollFullInfo

But everything worked fine for 1 month, and fans of the houses were always linked directly to the PSU.

I recently updated the bios Comenque motherboard trying them all, but without solving. The PSU tested on other PC with other motherboards (Asus, Asrock) has always created problems. While trying another PSU (Coolermaster) with my Gigabyte bene.Strano everything works right?

Thanks for your help.

Guys,

I just joined the forum just to reply this thread.

I bought an AX750 two weeks ago and i have the same problem since the day i bought.

- After i shutdown my PC, fans continue to spin (slowly). Case leds do turn off though. I am assuming this is caused by a very low voltage/current coming from PSU that is not able to light the case LEDs but able to spin the fans?

- case fans are connected directly to PSU not to MB. But i have yellow cables from fans connected to MB (for monitoring FAN speeds). I tried to remove them but fans continued to spin.

- I did a small test. I plugged out the MB power cord while it was shut down and fans stopped turning. Plugging MB power cord (24 pin) back, fans started back to spin slowly. My MB is an old Asus P5W DH Deluxe.

I was suspecting MB but i didnt have this kind of problem with my old FSP 450W PSU.

AX750 does not have any markings on the moduler slots where we connect cables. Manual does not include any info on these ports as well. Maybe we are using the wrong ports for Molex cables? Yes, the fans are connected via the molex cables...

Please advise what should i do. I bought the PSU in Turkey. Not sure how RMA process would work here. Dijital Trend is the official reseller, maybe i should ring them and ask if they experienced anything like this before...

Best Regards,

DeadZon

Guys,

I just joined the forum just to reply this thread.

I bought an AX750 two weeks ago and i have the same problem since the day i bought.

- After i shutdown my PC, fans continue to spin (slowly). Case leds do turn off though. I am assuming this is caused by a very low voltage/current coming from PSU that is not able to light the case LEDs but able to spin the fans?

- case fans are connected directly to PSU not to MB. But i have yellow cables from fans connected to MB (for monitoring FAN speeds). I tried to remove them but fans continued to spin.

- I did a small test. I plugged out the MB power cord while it was shut down and fans stopped turning. Plugging MB power cord (24 pin) back, fans started back to spin slowly. My MB is an old Asus P5W DH Deluxe.

I was suspecting MB but i didnt have this kind of problem with my old FSP 450W PSU.

AX750 does not have any markings on the moduler slots where we connect cables. Manual does not include any info on these ports as well. Maybe we are using the wrong ports for Molex cables? Yes, the fans are connected via the molex cables...

Please advise what should i do. I bought the PSU in Turkey. Not sure how RMA process would work here. Dijital Trend is the official reseller, maybe i should ring them and ask if they experienced anything like this before...

Best Regards,

DeadZon

Hello, I can tell you that even when PC is off. I changed all of Molex PSU fan and lights of the houses directly connected PSUs continue to operate. Current measured with digital multimeter on all Molex to bring current all, this is not correct for PSU. My PSU and Rev.A1W and yours ?

Update:

I found the reason of this. I had recently added a PCI ethernet card (before i switched the PSU to AX750)

When i removed this card, the problem is fixed.

I realised that particular PCI slot had a MB case screw nearby. Maybe PCI card was thouching this screw or some other part of MB that was causing the short...

Best Regards,

DeadZon

:mad: New update.

These days I contacted e-mail the technician explain the problem for Gigabyte, and here's the House I responded:

“Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, because several possibilities might cause the problems, such as something wrong with memory, motherboard, BIOS, driver, power, attached hardwares...etc. We suggest that you could try to do a simple test first:

Remove such as add-on cards, devices from motherboard, only install CPU, single memory, single HDD, VGA card and power (simple environment), and make sure the components on the motherboard are installed properly, then please take off the on-board battery to leak voltage to clear CMOS data by following the steps below:

1) Turn off power.

2) Remove the power cord from the PSU.

3) Take out the battery gently and put it aside for about 5 minutes or longer. (Or you can use a metal object to connect the two pins in the battery holder to make them short-circuited.)

4) Re-insert the battery to the battery holder.

5) Connect power cord to PSU again and turn on power.

6) Power on your system.

7) If BIOS can POST, please enter the BIOS and load the fail-safe defaults setting.

8) Save changes and reboot the system.

After clearing CMOS and load the fail-safe defaults, please test your system in a simple environment to observe the result. If there's nothing wrong in simple environment, try to install several additional cards into the slot one by one to observe the result again and again.

However, if the problem still occurs, a further testing or examination might be required. Since we are not possible to get your product, we suggest you to contact your supplier (where you purchased your product) and see if they can test your system directly. If your supplier cannot help, please contact us again and we will try our best to see how we can assist. We are really sorry for the inconvenience you have with our product.

At last, if you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.”

I ran this for 3 times, but I still have the same problem. No other help on your part ..???????? Greetings

Archived