Corsair Community

SP2200 static

killsibkill

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same issue. I have tried to re-seat the connection that is giving the issue but it does not help. I live in Canada and I am pretty sure Corsair will ask me to ship to California For RMA. That is a lot of money to spend on shipping for One Way never mind two! It would be nice if Corsair would look after us here in Canada a bit better by giving us a Canadian address... :!:

Anyway, my question is about the root cause of the issue. I would like to try everything possible before resorting to an international shipment for a pair of $60 speakers :noooooo:. Is the issue simply a connection issue at the plug? Please divulge this info. Thanks

I got a great deal on the SP2200's from Tiger Direct, but after a month and a half, the same issue as everyone else here. Static/crackling/popping/whatever you want to call it from the left speaker. I've reseated every connection a dozen times, and it has accomplished exactly nothing.

I've already submitted an RMA request, but what I find frustrating is that not only will I have to pay to ship the system back to Corsair, I will also be unable to play Skyrim for probably several weeks due to no sound. :(

It's so frustrating, because these speakers sound SO good when they work!!! And drive me to utter distraction when the crackles start up. It's very random, sometimes fine for hours, other times constant static for hours. I guess I'm glad I checked this forum before I jumped through a bunch of crazy hoops trying to fix them myself, since it seems the issue is pretty widespread.

Hopefully I'll hear back from Corsair soon about the RMA...

Edit: Tried unplugging the left speaker completely and running just the right speaker on mono, and now the subwoofer is emitting the obnoxious pops and crackles. :( I'm no audio expert, but wtf???

I've already submitted an RMA request, but what I find frustrating is that not only will I have to pay to ship the system back to Corsair...
...it seems the issue is pretty widespread.

Yes! It feels like I bought a defective item and that Corsair knew about it. It also feels like the correct thing to do would be to recall the defective units. Basically approve the RMA but corsair would pay for all shipping costs. Now I know that my perspective is of the customer only and that their perspective will be quite to the contrary.... just saying is all.

Tried unplugging the left speaker completely and running just the right speaker on mono, and now the subwoofer is emitting the obnoxious pops and crackles.

Same here.

BSOD, I agree completely. I think I remember seeing a post in this thread or another on this forum in which someone said Corsair acknowledged that there were some issues with their first manufacturing run of this product, but that later runs should be fine. If they KNOW there was some kind of problem that causes this static issue, doesn't that seem like grounds for a voluntary recall?

Like you, I admit that I'm only seeing this from the consumer's perspective, but even when I put myself in the manufacturer's shoes, I can't help but think that the customer goodwill and repeat business they would be likely to generate by paying the $25 shipping cost per upset customer would balance out in the end.

All I know is this:

1) Before the pops and crackles started, I loved this speaker system.

2) I would likely go back to loving the system if the pops and crackles stopped.

3) I am always impressed by companies who admit faults in their products or service and go out of their way to fix them.

4) I go out of my way to give repeat business to companies who impress me.

5) For Corsair to acknowledge a problem with some of these speaker systems and still ask the customer to partially pay for a replacement (even through shipping costs) feels like the customer getting screwed by the company.

6) I go out of my way to avoid giving repeat business to companies who make me feel like I've gotten screwed.

I know it's only been a few hours, so I'm waiting patiently for a response to my RMA request.

I am having the same issue. I have tried to re-seat the connection that is giving the issue but it does not help. I live in Canada and I am pretty sure Corsair will ask me to ship to California For RMA. That is a lot of money to spend on shipping. It would be nice if Corsair would look after us here in Canada a bit better by giving us a Canadian address...

Anyway, my question is about the root cause of the issue. I would like to try everything possible before resorting to an international shipment for a pair of $60 speakers . Is the issue simply a connection issue at the plug? Please divulge this info. Thanks

• Corsair Employee

BSOD

Please start you own thread and I will be happy to try answer your questions but what you have posted does not tell me what product you have and what the problem is. Or please request and RMA using the link on the left and explain the problem in the description. The solution would be to send you a new set of speakers if you are getting static in one of the speakers.

At first I was going to post to complain about not receiving a response to my service request, but then it occurred to me to check my spam folder....which is where I found the email from Corsair. :)

They advised me to send an official RMA request, and I just finished filling out the form. Hopefully this can be resolved quickly and I can get my speaker system replaced with one that doesn't so horribly raise my blood pressure with all these pops and crackles!

I appreciate the prompt response from Corsair, even if it took me a couple of days to dig it out of the spam. ;) Hopefully the next response will be just as quick.

• 2 weeks later...
I wondering if someone has RMA and has it been fixed?

I have a RMA sitting in front of me but the problem is it's going to cost me more than 30 bucks to ship it to RMA. Costing me more than 30 bucks shipping is a lot and something I don't want to do.

I have the same problem too on the left speaker after less then 2 months use.

So PLEASE anyone got a RMA back and used for awhile. Please let us know will it fix the problem.

Dun wanna ship again, 2 shipping = 1 brand new speakers already.

• Corsair Employee

Make sure that each cable that plugs in the back of the Sub is clear of dust or obstructions. Pay close attention to the 13PIN Dim connection. It should be plugged in all the way so only a slight gap is between the cable on the sub.

If you are still experiencing the issue please use the RMA request link found on the left hand side of the page.

• 1 month later...

Same f'ed up situation as all of you. I'm so pissed right now...

I had a nice deal when I bought them 11 months ago and now, shipping from Canada+customs fees will end up 20$ short of the retail price I paid for these...pathetic.

Now we're stuck with a defective product that not only don't work properly, but we have to pay good money to ship it back UNDER WARRANTY?!?!!?

I started a RMA process but just sent a message to cancel it, no way i'll pay 65CAD to ship a 12lb box to CA...

• 2 months later...

Ram guy i am also experiencing the left speaker crackle that many of SP2200 users have experienced, you sound at least to be more helpful than the Corsair customer support I have experienced.

So I was wondering if you could justify to me how a well known and (formerly) respected company such as Corsair can continue to sell a product you know is faulty, then charge more than half of its value again in shipping to rectify the problem?

Edit, Ram guy i apologise how harsh that comes across as I realise you are not personally responsible, however as a person that has and will build many computer for friends and family always (in the past) using corsair RAM due to the high perfomrance and reliablity i have experienced, I cannot understand how the company would risk its reputation by making such a basic customer support error over a relatively low value item such as entry level speakers.

• 11 months later...
Ram guy i am also experiencing the left speaker crackle that many of SP2200 users have experienced, you sound at least to be more helpful than the Corsair customer support I have experienced.

So I was wondering if you could justify to me how a well known and (formerly) respected company such as Corsair can continue to sell a product you know is faulty, then charge more than half of its value again in shipping to rectify the problem?

Edit, Ram guy i apologise how harsh that comes across as I realise you are not personally responsible, however as a person that has and will build many computer for friends and family always (in the past) using corsair RAM due to the high perfomrance and reliablity i have experienced, I cannot understand how the company would risk its reputation by making such a basic customer support error over a relatively low value item such as entry level speakers.

Ramguy i have exactly the same problem as above mate ive gone through the rma proccess just waiting to hear from someone my ticket # is 6007962 ok cheers

Archived