Corsair Community

Cmx12gx3m3a1333c9

axebro112

Hello,

I added this 3 sitck set to my machine and suddenly got OC Profile Failed! errors from my motherboard (Asus P6X58D-E; with latest bios version).

I have other Corsair memory that has same timings, with different heatsink design.

Are these sticks just bad? Amazon is willing ot refund the purchase, but I can't tell if there is an issue with compatibility. This isn't listed in the ASUS HCL for my motherboard, but at the same time, it hasn't been updated since 2010;

Memtest ran fine (with XMP disabled).

Thanks!

mixing ram of even the same part# is not supported or suggested.

please install just the new sticks and reset the bios to defaults and enable XMP and see if its stable.

there are 2 "mixing ram" links in my sig that explain why mixing ram is not the best choice.

sometimes it can be done but its pretty rare.

Please go to BIOS setup and Load setup defaults, (Important First step) then enable XMP Profile one and do not make any other changes and exit the BIOS saving changes and Boot with a Boot disk from http://www.memtest.org, if the system is not stable then set the CPU/QPI Voltage to 1.375-1.45 untill the system is stable.

I will try again with just these sticks. They were adding to an existing set, but I could swear I ran them alone when I did the memtest. Don't recall.

Wont be able to check tonight; but perhaps over the weekend.

Also not mixing ram of even the same part# ? that's new to me. Does that mean if I want 12GB of Ram, I should buy a 12GB kit, and not two 6GB (3x2GB) kits?

Thanks!

Also not mixing ram of even the same part# ? that's new to me. Does that mean if I want 12GB of Ram, I should buy a 12GB kit, and not two 6GB (3x2GB) kits?

That is correct! Memory is packaged and sold in matched kits for this very reason. It used to be that you could just throw anything close into your system and get them to work. Memory and memory controllers have become more refined and finiky with non matched modules.

Archived