Corsair Community

Corsair Nova II 60 Extremly slow and freez

Hello,

I just bought another SSD, the Corsair Nova II SSD 60GB. I installed it on my new rig (H55N-USB3, i3 530, 8GB DDR3, GTX460, ...) and installed W7 x64 on it with a Samsung HDD for storage.

First feeling : It's not my first SSD but it seems to be very slow, sometimes I'm having some kinds of freezs, for example I just want to open a new tab into Google chrome and it can take more than 30" !!

I decided to make a test, and here's the result without any other task, in full IDLE mode :

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/4432/31aot20112213.png

You can compare this result with the Samsung HDD, you will see that apparently the Sata ports are running correctly according to this result :

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/4227/31aot20112213hddok.png

To run a game, even not a "hard" one like Call of Duty World at War, this can take several minutes :mad:

This is not my first SSD, and it's the first time I'm having one running that slow ...

I've installe all intel required drivers, all drivers for my motherboard, updated the bios and set as AHCI in the bios.

Stock system or overclocked, same results.

Any solutions ? I haven't seen any firmware update ... ? Do I have to RMA ?

He has a brand new SSD. Why on earth would he have to go through that guide?

I own 5 SSDs and i have never had to do anything like that. Certainly not when they are brand new either! You pop the drive in, install Windows and you're done

Does anyone at Corsair actually know why these Nova 2 drives perform so poorly? I've yet to see an answer about what is quite obviously a problem.

Thank's somewhatdamaged, I agree with you ! I'd even add that according to Corsair themselves, you don't have to do anything to get good performances except setting IDE mode to AHCI in the Bios (what i've done).

I think this drive is damaged / non working. It's really awfull, it took me more than five minutes to open a 1.5MB Pdf file and 5 minutes to shutdown W7 (no updates installation, just a normal shutdown).

Totally agree with you ... this forum is really useless, no one's giving us answers and neither helping us.

I bought my new drive, this is incredibly better, the system is doing task up to 60x faster (booting and shutdowning, launching internet browser ...).

I'll RMA this one, and maybe throw like garbadge because it is all this SSD is.

@Toasted : The disk isn't working fine, this is a fact. So no need to test it anymore, in pratic it doesn't work ... (i've changed the disk for another one from another brand, don't want to reinstall windows to test it again :/)

@Marco74 : I've got the 60GB, you got the 64.

Anyway, I did'nt say that each drive is freezing, I said mine was.

I asked a RMA this morning. I'll keep you in touch throught this htread.

• 1 month later...

Archived