Corsair Community

60GB Force 3 Drive- Slow performance? Any Ideas?

Hi Yellowbeard,

There are TWO files in the FW 1_3 folder for updating the Force sata3 60gb..... neither does anything when selected from Corsair Field Updater, they are both 22797. which is the number advised to lookl for!

Thanks,

Dewy

Are you in AHCI mode?

Have you tried both sets of drivers as noted in the .pdf?

Hi,

Yes AHCI tried both the amd driver and the standard microsoft one. Click the file (either of them) and a red cross appears in top left of the Corsair Updater Program...

Thanks,

Dewy

I've seen limited testing on AMD controllers. Do you have access to an Intel based machine to try it on?

I've seen limited testing on AMD controllers. Do you have access to an Intel based machine to try it on?

No only got AMD I'll try install it on my 2nd system in the morning thats a sata2, but my drives interchange each way and work...so worth ago...too tired atm been up 3 nights!

It says 32GB in those FW 1-3 files? What's that pertain to if I may ask?

Thanks,

Dewy

Yes, Iam aware of that it's that you were pointing to that being maybe why no difference on sata 2 and sata 3 in ASSSD results, my drive as you are aware is the same...

Anyway, behold a new firmware, lets see...... :D:

I actually just meant that he should have performed one before installing the OS on the new MB, it just wasn’t phrased correctly, I noticed that before posting, was hoping the second line would have clarified it, it doesn't.

Good luck with the new Firmware. :):

For the time being I'm screwed thanks to Corsair. :mad:

Archived