Corsair Community

h70 high temps

icemanjs

just installed the h70 on the asus maximus board..i used artic 5 and getting 65 for idle in the bios..i cleaned the paste off the heatsink as it was used before and used the artic cleaner..i used a rice size drop of the compund on the 2600k cpu..i tried to sqush the compound on the heatsink to as i locked it down

what is the right amount of paste and should i spread it on the cpu as the cooler is hard to twist like some heatsinks

Check the thermal compound manufacturers webpage. Each one has their own preferred method for installing their paste and how much to use. I would also make sure that you have the cooling head properly seated down o the CPU. It almost sounds like it just isn't making full contact

Check the thermal compound manufacturers webpage. Each one has their own preferred method for installing their paste and how much to use. I would also make sure that you have the cooling head properly seated down o the CPU. It almost sounds like it just isn't making full contact

i'll check..i used a size like a rice grain just dont like artic 5 much i find mx-4 better or i might try ic diamond dust...i think the heatsink just didnt spread it over as it doesnt twist much on the cpu like other heatsinks that do...will try in the morning it was a long hard build with to many issues that got fixed..

lol

With the triangle mark on the substrate pointing down and to the left, apply a line

of thermal compound to match the red line in photo QP2. Make the line

approximately 1 millimeter wide. The line of thermal compound crosses the quad

or dual cores vertically as shown with the metal cap removed in photo QP3.

Since heat from the CPU cores travel directly through the metal cap through the

compound to the heatsink, it is much more important to have a good interface

directly above the cores than it is to have the metal cap covered with compound

from corner to corner.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8646&stc=1&d=1308459662

http___www.arcticsilver.com_pdf_appmeth_int_vl_intel_app_method_vertical_line_v1.jpg.dc9a1c41b3d1c6125f03ed4a32da10a7.jpg

Archived