Corsair Community

Blu Ray burner 650D

pancakguy

Anyone have a suggestion for a Blu-ray burner that works great and will compliment the 650D black aluminum well? It's real hard to tell just from looking at pictures online as to what type of black they really are. Also, if there is a DIY fix kit to match the faceplate with the rest of the case that is inexpensive and relatively simple, I'd like to hear about/see it.

I didn't want to purchase one with an off black color that would be a different color from the rest of the case and would prefer a black aluminum front plate.

I guess my concern was aesthetics. I finally received my case and am setting up some water cooling, should have pictures in a week or so.

I didn't want to purchase one with an off black color that would be a different color from the rest of the case and would prefer a black aluminum front plate.

I guess my concern was aesthetics. I finally received my case and am setting up some water cooling, should have pictures in a week or so.

i was able to use the lian li aluminum drive bezel on my dvd drive. I assume you could make it work on a BR drive too.

I have the LG WH10L530 Blu-ray burner in a 650D. I'm very picky about asthetics and I'm satisfied with this unit's look. The door to the burner is your typical gloss black plastic with the LG & Blu-ray logos. The fascia surrounding it is a little more challenging to describe, but I'll try. The fascia immediately surrounding the door has horizontal ribs that give the fascia more of a flat look than a glossy look, even though there is a clear gloss covering over them. It looks much better than I described. Below this portion of the fascia is a narrow horizontal silver trim strip (more silver than chrome). Below this trim strip is a flat black portion of the fascia. Although this makes it sound like a lot of different things are going on, it actually looks quite nice on the front of the 650D.

Archived