Corsair Community

Airflow design for Coolermaster Storm Scout with H50 Push-Pull

andoh

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/upload/product/2912/gallery/full/17.jpg?63610850

Top: 1 x 140 mm Fan for Exhaust

Rear: 1 x 120 mm Fan for Exhaust with H50

Front: 1 x 140 mm Fan for Intake

Side: 1 x 120 mm Fan for Intake

I want to utilize the push-pull configuration with the H50, however, the design calls for 'fresh air' passing through the radiator. In other words, my rear setup must become a source for intake. The storm scout has the potential to add one additional side fan; there are no further slots available for the addition of more fans, unless modified. What components should be changed in order to regain balance in airflow or obtain optimal airflow?

You could mount the H50 on the side panel or at the back exhaust fan position. And, although intake is ideal you can set the fans up as intake or exhaust. I can't see the top of the case but I am guessing that you could mount the H50 in the top of the case too. It's very flexible and especially so with that case.

As I said, intake is ideal but there really is no "wrong" way to do it. In fact, experimenting with the fan position and direction in a case like that could be interesting.

If I choose to set the H50 push-pull configuration as exhaust, I should be able leave my fans as is represented in the diagram.

Let's assume I choose to set the H50 push-pull configuration as intake. How does this change affect the positioning of the top, front, and side fans in regards to obtaining good airflow?

If I choose to set the H50 push-pull configuration as exhaust, I should be able leave my fans as is represented in the diagram.
Probably, it looks logical.

Let's assume I choose to set the H50 push-pull configuration as intake. How does this change affect the positioning of the top, front, and side fans in regards to obtaining good airflow?

Air in the front, windowed side, and back and out the top also seems logical. But, it all really comes back to that experimentation I mentioned. You'll need to decide for yourself with a bit of testing.

The amount of air coming into the case should be brought outside of the case in a constant flow. (i.e. low exhaust may not sufficiently bring hot air from inside the system to the outside) Of course, this is all just speculation on my part. I really don't understand the theory of airflow over this sort of environment, nor have I had any real experiences with the concept.

I have Storm Sniper which is simular but with bigger fans, my H70 exhausts out of the case where the rear fan exhausts, it fits fine and maintains the designed airflow.

I live in a warm climate where my ambient can be as high as 30c so bringing hot air into a hot case makes no sense to me I'd rather vent it out and have had NO issues in the past 5 months of running it this way.

I would suggest changing the very fine Corsair fans for even better PWM fans as I find most of the time low rpms' keep the cpu well with range. [search this forum]

Merry Holidays to All

Well that pisses me off! why can't I type Xmas? properly, this political correctness is out of hand.

David

Archived