Corsair Community

Raid setup problem

aj2703

Can someone help please.

My motherboard is a Asus P5E. I gather it has the ICH9 Controller. For the life of me i cannot get it to me my two F60's in raid. I set it in the bios and it does not give me the option to go into the raid setup.

In achi mode or ide the board does detect the drives, but i want them in raid. Anyone know how i can achieve this..?

In the place where you can select between AHCI and IDE, is there an option also for RAID? If there isn't, you should probably quit now. I believe you need an ICH9R

Set that to RAID, but that's only half the battle. You'll have to also find an option to enable the Intel ROM manager, which should also be in your BIOS. Once you restart, after the POST screen you should see another screen to configure the RAID, you might have to press CTRL+I or something to get in. You can setup the array in there.

Procedure might be different depending on the system, but in general it should follow steps similar to this. It's also possible you have a secondary controller, like JMicron, which could potentially also be useful.

If you cannot figure it out I would suggest contacting the MB manufacturer's Tech support they should be able to help you.

Problem solved. My board has a ICH9 Controller which does not detect SSD's. I got a custom made firmware file with the rom updated ICH 10 and now it works fine.

Archived