Corsair Community

2 kits of CMX6GX3M3A1600C9 with Asus P6X58D Premium (10gb out of 12gb issue)

ankhnext

Hi, i'm new in the forum. My problem is sometimes coldboot runs only 10gb than 12gb. And sometimes, when it's runnings with 12gb get BSOD.

I read the others posts with the correlated issues, and I tried do everything suggested.

First searched for bended pins (All OK)

Second tested with stock cooleer (Same problem)

Third Adjust automatic voltages (Same problem)

Four Adjust manually voltages (9-9-9-24-2N) QPI 1.35v Dram 1.65v. (Same problem)

Five tested with Memtest 4.1 Stick by stick and all togheter aprox. 5hrs (No erros listed)

So i turn on system, and all runs well!

I was confused. Yesterday, I had the same problems. Again runs another test with Memtest and the software tells me that have 10Gb of ram and after 2 passes of testing, it shows me 248 erros. Most with 6880Gb "address" (I don't know how describe this word).

Anyone here please, could explain if that have a way to know which stick or slot is bad with the results of the Memtest?

Thanks.

Sorry i forgot mention that when i configure manually it runs at 1066Mhz

The only part that i don't understand is:

sort of combination of 3+4 above where memory modules like particular memory dimm slots - could come down to PCB differences for each module along with voltages for QPI/DRAM and VDIMM.

Please, cold u explain for me? Thanx (3+4 means?)

Edit: Sorry I just understand, i'm test more today and tell you what happens. Thanx Yellowbeard.

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps there in that thread? Most likely you need a bit of extra memory controller voltage due to the load of 4 modules. However, it's impossible to diagnose and pointless to speculate until after you have done some troubleshooting.

1.35v QPI may not be enough. Try a bit more up to 1.45v - 1.5v.

Archived