Corsair Community

CMTG6GX3M3A2000C8 with CMT6GX3M3A2000C8

PennyR2

Hi peeps just posting on here to maybe shine some light on my RAM problem.

Original RAM in my Setup

Dominator GT 3x2GB

CMTG6GX3M3A2000C8

CAS 8-8-8-24

I just got through the mail (from the same retailers http://www.overclockers.co.uk)

Dominator GT 3x2GB

CMT6GX3M3A2000C8

CAS 8-9-8-24

As far as I can see this is the only RAM overclockers is selling I have contacted them for a refund. When I place the RAM in (only once I might add) it cuases alot of problems IE: random crashes,blue screens and pauses.

Is there any way I can get this RAM working together? I don't mind it all running on the slower 8-9-8-24 if it is possible?

I'm a bit annoyed Overclockers didn't say anything as I bought the orginal RAM from them but hey I suppose they have alot to do.

If anyone with more knowledge can tell me weather this is fixable or a NO GO so I can send it back.

Thanks alot.

PennyR2-

Please don't double post.

There is no guarantee that two of the same RAM kits let alone different versions will run without issues per the Memory Update Guide link in my signature.

You could try 11-11-11-30 2T timings to see if they might work together but at very high frequencies you are often asking more than can be achieved. You may also need to up the QPI voltage to at least 1.35 V with so much RAM in your system?

PennyR2-

There is no guarantee that two of the same RAM kits let alone different versions will run without issues per the Memory Update Guide link in my signature.

This is correct. You will have to experiment with your BIOS settings to determine if this combination of memory will run on your system. As noted in the paper I wrote, linked by Trackrat, some combinations will not run together and the only way to know is to install them and test.

Archived