Corsair Community

System not making POST after running memtest

Protius1

Went and tried running a Memtest and it stalled. Had to do a hard re-start now system wont post. All memory was in..when test ran..i meant to have done it just 1 stick at a time. I even reset jumpers and cmos battery and same thing..no post. Everything is up and running..fans,gpu, ssd and hd..or at least sounds like it spins up at reboot. Before my keyboard a light would turn on at bootup..now it doesn't even do that..I do get and audible sound through my speakers when I bootup..but no signs of connection to keyboard. Boot priority was set to the cd/dvd drive for runnng the memtest. CD/DVD drive isn't acknowledging the Memtest disk or i would try to re-run the test..but i can't even do that. Memok light on my Motherboard keeps flashing. I'm at odds as if the motherboard is dead or ram. Being that I got that audible noise to my speakers on bootup makes me think the mobo is okay....and problems being more on the Ram side.

• Corsair Employee
Try the system with just one module and remove the power and battery on the MB and then move the jumper to the clear position for 10 Min then put the jumper back to normal and the battery back in and plug it in and see if it will post. If it will not post with either module that would suggest its the MB or CPU and I would test the memory on another system.

I will try with your suggestion about disconnecting power and resetting cmos and clearing jumper again. No one had suggested disconnecting and reconnecting the 8 and 24 pin power connections to the mobo up till now. I will attempt that and see what happens. I Have cleared jumper settings and cmos battery 2x already and no POST or motherboard splash screen appears. Again i will try your suggestion with doing the power thing and see.

Ram Guy: So it's 3-5 days for processing/testing/review once memory is received? I'm assuming a few more days with shipping back to me. Memory is brand new as well as all parts for my new system. I haven't seen any update since Defective parts received info was updated last Wed Oct 20th.

1st box of Ram..tested fine.

1st module of box #2 on 4th pass of memtest just revealed 29 errors. What typically is an acceptable # of errors? This is frustrating as this is the brand new rma replacement I got back yesterday.

**Update as of 10:33 a.m. errors are now up to 86

Error Confidence Value: 109

Lowest Error Address: 000000000008 - 0.5MB

Highest Error Address: 000fffffa7 - 4095MB

Bits in Error Mask: ffffffff

Bits in Error - Total: 32 Min: 1 Max: 30 Avg:15

Max Contiguous Errors: 1

ECC Correctable Errors:

Errors per Memory Slot: 0: 28

Memtes86

I didn't set any BIOS settings i just went into boot priority and set it to the cdrom drive to run the memtest.

Module 2 of box 2 so far is on pass#5 and all is good..so looks to be module #1 from box 2 is the problem at this point.

Ram Guy: I disabled the USB Legacy...set module to 1.7 volts in Bios..as well as memtest Ver 4.10.

Memory Module at 2nd pass received 39 errors. So more errors early on into running memtest. Both Modules in Box 1 passed all tests with avrg 4-5 passes as well as the 1 module in box 2 ..using Memtest ver 4.1 and 3.5.

Would this be and RMA all over again? Would I have to pay to re-ship? I'm kind of in a bind $$ wise buying all the new parts for the new rig...is it possible to maybe get a shipping label sent to me and just tape the ups box back up and re-send it. Thanks

Archived